3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 6:25 AM by Phani G RSS

link between accounts ans other related blue bars

hi,

I have to export account data and their related blue bar data like contacts,opportunities and others.
      But the problem is that I can export the accounts data and other data lists separately.
      But how can I link the seapate data to each other?After export they will become separate data.
      Is their any common linkage between them? I checked CRM Id and E1numbers but they are all different.
      Please help.

Thanks
      Arpita.
        • 1. Re: link between accounts ans other related blue bars
          Phani G
          Hi Arpita,

Every object has some foreign keys defined in it,

In Contacts, Opportunity you can find Account Id which is the foreing key. Using this you can link up with Accounts
          Similarly there are other keys which you need to identify depending on the relationship and Record types.

regards
          Goud
          • 2. Re: link between accounts ans other related blue bars
            Hi Goud,

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.
            But one problem I am facing is that while selecting Contact external uique id in Accounts page layout it is not displaying in the page. Whereas Accounts unique id are available in Contact and Oppurtunity and seen in any contact or opportunity page. It will be very helpful if this Contact unique id is visible in page as while doing export it will be very helpful.
            Please let me know if there is any solution for this.

Thanks
            Arpita.
            • 3. Re: link between accounts ans other related blue bars
              Phani G
              Hi Arpita,

You are trying to display the Contact Extern Id in Accounts, see here you have a problem
              in Contacts you have Account Id where in you can display almost all the data from Account in Contact paegs using this foreign key with M:1 relationship.

But in Accounts its 1:M, when you have more than one associated contact which one it should display.

i think you can do this for Primary Contact.

regards
              Goud