4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2011 3:24 PM by user10263287 RSS

Need Help: Add Task documentation in JD Edwards

Hi Guys

I need to upload word documents or HTML pages as 'Task Documentation' in our JDE installation, it's something related to Solution Explorer but I have no idea how to do this.

this is a link to an image for more clarification.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/jdewhattodo.png/

please help.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Need Help: Add Task documentation in JD Edwards
          Bruno Condemi
          Hi,
          you need to work with documentation on a fat client even if you are running a web edition of E1.

So open your fat client and click on the Menu Design button, then select the File menu exit View | Task Documentation.
          Once the box is checked, the task documentation should display on the fat client.

Now go to Edit button, click on the triangle and select the topic. If the file does not exist it will be created and opened with your default html editor in order to edit the doc.

As reference you can look at doc ID 885953.1 on My Oracle Support.

Regards.

Bruno Condemi
          • 2. Re: Need Help: Add Task documentation in JD Edwards
            Thanks Bruno, I'll try it and I'll let you know if I have any problems.
            • 3. Re: Need Help: Add Task documentation in JD Edwards
              I've tried the steps you mentioned here, but no documentation are shown in the web app.
              • 4. Re: Need Help: Add Task documentation in JD Edwards
                user10263287
                Hello,

You should review the solution ID 885956.1

E1: SOLEXP: How to Configure Solution Explorer Task Documentation [ID 885953.1]

Here is an overview

Goal
                How can I use the task documentation feature found within the Solution Explorer? Is it possible to use the same
                documentation on the Windows Fat Client and the Web Client?
                Solution
                How to View Task Documentation
                On the Windows Fat client in Releases Xe, ERP8, 8.9 and 8.10 select the File menu exit View |

Task
                Documentation. Once the box is checked, the task documentation should display on the fat client.
                With EnterpriseOne 8.11 and newer releases, the fat client is only used for development purposes. In order to
                work with creating new content, first click on the Menu Design button, then select the File menu exit View | Task
                Documentation. Once the box is checked, the task documentation should display on the fat client.
                For additional information on troubleshooting the display of task documentation, see knowledge document E1:
                SOLEXP: Don't Show Task Documentation or Tip of the Day NOTE 631491.1.

Good luck