5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 1:45 PM by S.PDASH

How can I find requestor, preparer and owner of a PO?

Sudarshan
      Hi,

I know the buyer is the agent_id in po_headers_all table.

But how do I find the requestor and preparer/owner of the PO?

How do these values get populated?

What if the PO is touchless? How do the preparer attribute gets populated?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How can I find requestor, preparer and owner of a PO?
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          There is no PO preparer as such.
          A preparer exists on the requisition.
          You can consider using po_distributions to jump to the po_req_distributions and then finding the preparer for that requisition.

There is no "owner" of a PO unless you want to treat the buyer as the owner.

Hope this helps,
          Sandeep Gandhi
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How can I find requestor, preparer and owner of a PO?
            Sudarshan
            If that's the case, then what does 'can owner approve the PO?' workflow process is meant for?

I'm now really confused on this process.

Who's the owner that it is being referred to ?

Thanks,
            • 3. Re: How can I find requestor, preparer and owner of a PO?
              user147180 - oracle
              Owner can approve - Allow document owners(Buyers) to approve the documents they create.

Here Owner refers to the Buyer who creates the PO

Edited by: user12558002 on Jul 28, 2011 6:19 AM
              • 4. Re: How can I find requestor, preparer and owner of a PO?
                Sudarshan
                Here, I don't see if it really is referring to the buyer .

The agent ID for that particular PO is different from the owner (the workflow attribute preparer_id is being referred to owner here ).

My question is who can be the preparer if the purchase requisition for the PO is being prepared from iProcurement and PO is automatically created with AUTOCREATE workflow without buyer intervention?
                • 5. Re: How can I find requestor, preparer and owner of a PO?
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi Sudarshan,
                  Your question is : Who can be the preparer if the purchase requisition for the PO is being prepared from iProcurement and PO is automatically created with AUTOCREATE workflow without buyer intervention?

Ans : a) When you create a requisition using iProcurement (catalog requisition), you normally search items under shop which are linked to BPAs. When requisition is approved and a standard PO is auto created and auto approved then the Std PO carries the buyer name of the BPA which was used during requisition creation.

b) For non-catalog request (requisition)/smartform it refer the CPA of the buyer while creating a std PO.

Earlier you asked : how do I find the requestor and preparer/owner of the PO? How do these values get populated?

Ans : Sandeep has said it correctly that in PO, there is no concept of requester/preparer etc.. Buyer of the PO will be treated as requestor and preparer/owner of the PO. This value is populated as mentioned above in point a).

Kind Regards,
                  S.P DASH