This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2011 2:38 AM by 878699 RSS

Problem compiling Hypervisor for standalone programs

878699 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

The problem I am facing at the moment is to be able to install the hypervisor that comes
with the OpenSPARC architectural tools. I need the hypervisor to be able to run some standalone
programs on the OpenSPARC FPGA platform.

Here is the error that occurs when doing make install:

/usr/local/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -xarch=v9a -I../../..//greatlakes/ontario/include -I../../..//greatlakes/common/include -I../../..//include -I. -DRESETCONFIG_BROKENTICK -DRESETCONFIG_ENABLEHWSCRUBBERS -DNIAGARA_ERRATUM_39 -DNIAGARA_ERRATUM_40 -DNIAGARA_ERRATUM_41 -DNIAGARA_ERRATUM_43 -DDEBUG -DSTRICT_API -UNIAGARA_BRINGUP -DCONFIG_DISK -UCONFIG_FIRE -UCONFIG_FIRE_EBUS -DCONFIG_IOBYPASS -DCONFIG_SVC -UCONFIG_VBSC_SVC -UCONFIG_CN_SVC -UCONFIG_FPGA -DCONFIG_STATICTOD -UDEBUG_LEGION -UCONFIG_LEGIONBCOPY -UCONFIG_SAS -DCONFIG_HVUART -DCONFIG_VERSION_TEST -DCONFIG_BRINGUP -c -o config.o ../../../greatlakes/ontario/src/config.c
"../../../greatlakes/ontario/src/config.c", line 262: syntax error before or at: .
"../../../greatlakes/ontario/src/config.c", line 262: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: devino2vino
"../../../greatlakes/ontario/src/config.c", line 262: syntax error before or at: .
"../../../greatlakes/ontario/src/config.c", line 262: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: getvalid
"../../../greatlakes/ontario/src/config.c", line 262: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: setvalid

I guess it is not working because the compiler might be too old. I tried to install the hypervisor on a
SPARC machine with Solaris 8.0 and as C-Compiler I am using SC5.0.

Could you please let me know which Solaris OS and C-CompilerI have to use to successfully build the Hypervisor?

Many thanks for your help,
Patrick

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points