2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 11:25 AM by GeorgeAbraham

FDM Data Access Error

GeorgeAbraham
      Experts, I am trying to delete a period from the Control Tables in FDM 9.3.1.2, but it is giving an error: 'Error deleting record. Detail: Data Access Error'. In the log file I find the following error messages for this action.

** Begin FDM Runtime Error Log Entry [2011-07-28-15:25:19] **
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      ERROR:
      Code......................................... -2147217913
      Description.................................. ORA-01843: not a valid month
      SELECT * FROM tPOVPeriod WHERE (PeriodKey = '2008-30-11')
      Procedure.................................... clsDataAccess.farsKeySet
      Component.................................... upsWDataWindowDM
      Version...................................... 931
      Thread....................................... 10804
      ** Begin FDM Runtime Error Log Entry [2011-07-28-15:25:19] **
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      ERROR:
      Code......................................... -2147217913
      Description.................................. Data access error.
      Procedure.................................... clsSQLUpdateMgr.fPOVPeriod
      Component.................................... upsWObjectsDM
      Version...................................... 931
      Thread....................................... 10804

The error message points to the period that I was trying to delete, but am still not able to delete it. This is strange, as this production application was working fine till a month back, and the development application works fine with this action. Experts, please let me know how this can be solved.
        • 1. Re: FDM Data Access Error
          beyerch2
          Most likely possibility I see (though I can't explain why it would have happened) would be that :

#1 - The date/time format settings are different between the database server and the FDM/WEB server. One server might think date should be formatted mm-dd-yyyy wheras another is expecting yyyy-dd-mm. If you have access to the database, you should be able to confirm this. The 64K question would be why would this be an issue randomly as this should affect a lot of things?

Another remote possibility would be that for the particlar period in question, the value stored in the DB doesn't match the value in that query. Perhaps whitespace or something else was appended to the date and the query failed with no results which generated the error. A quick peek into this database table would confirm this quickly. I doubt this is the issue though due to the specifitivity of the error message.
          • 2. Re: FDM Data Access Error
            GeorgeAbraham
            You are right. Changing the date format in SQL Query Date Format Mask within the application (in Configuration Settings), to YYYY-MM-DD solved this issue. Thanks.