3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2011 8:18 PM by user3242117 RSS

PeopleTools 8.51 Only Upgrade - Can't Login to App Designer

user3242117
      Hi Folks:

I am applying a pt only upgrade from 8.48 to 8.51 to a demo environment.

Everything went smoothly up I tried to login to App Designer to run the compare on project PPTLTS84CUR as part of the Reviewing Peopletools Objects.

The following error results:
      File: E:\pt85111b-retail\peopletools\src\pssys\gensql.cppSQL error.
      Stmt #: 1181 Error Position: 598 Return: 904 - ORA-00904: "SCROLLABLEGRID": invalid identifier
      Failed SQL stmt:SELECT DBLENGTHTYPE,LANGUAGE_CD,MULTICURRENCY,MULTIJOB,MULTICOMPANY,HELP_CONTEXT_LAST,GRANT_ACCESS,
      NVSUSEBUSUNIT,BACKGRNDDISCINT,CHGCTL_USE_HISTORY,CHGCTL_USE_LOCKING,TEMPTBLINSTANCES,
      TEMPINSTANCEBATCH,TEMPINSTANCEONLINE,AEOPTTRC,APMSGMAXMSGSIZE,BSE_TIMEZONE,CASEINSSEARCH,
      STATS_GATHER,STATS_TABLE,STATS_TIMER,STATS_START,STATS_STOP,STYLESHEETNAME,F1URL,CTRLF1URL,
      TIMEOUTMINUTES,OPRID,AUTHTOKENTYPE,COLLATION_TYPE,PLATCOMPAT,COMMITLIMIT,USETREELOCKING,
      TREEINACTIVITY_PER,NVSUSESECREPRQST,SAVEERRORISFATAL,ICEURL,PCODEWIP,PSSDWENABLED,
      PTENABLESWITCHUSER,PTSVBTNFOCUS,WSRPDISPMODE,MAXSRCH,DFLTSEARCH,SCROLLABLEGRID FROM PSOPTIONS

I can login to data mover using bootstrap and I can connect using SQLPLUS, where I see that field "SCROLLABLEGRID" is
      missing. When I review the steps in Change Assistent, nothing seems to modify PSOPTIONS.

Anyone run into this error?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: PeopleTools 8.51 Only Upgrade - Can't Login to App Designer
          Nicolas.Gasparotto
          Hi,

Your thread's title is about "Can't Login to App Designer", but you were running a project compare which implies an AppDesigner connection
          Could you clarify ?

Coming back on your error, it seems that column SCROLLABLEGRID has been added in PT8.50, which means to me you "forget" to run dbtsfix within rel850un.sql (or rel850n.sql) input file.
          Of course, you should run the same for every single Peopletools release between your source and target : 849, 850 and 851 in your case.

Nicolas.
          • 2. Re: PeopleTools 8.51 Only Upgrade - Can't Login to App Designer
            user3242117
            Re: ... running a project compare which implies an AppDesigner connection. Could you clarify?

Sure ... the detailed steps for the task say to login to AppDesigner. This login fails.
            For all previous steps, a login was not an issue. So - the compare had not been started
            as the login failure prevented the project compare.

Re: ... column SCROLLABLEGRID has been added in PT8.50, which means to me you "forget" to run dbtsfix within rel850un.sql (or rel850n.sql) input file.
            Of course, you should run the same for every single Peopletools release between your source and target : 849, 850 and 851 in your case.

The analysis is correct - though as far as ChangeAssistant is concerned, the 849, 850 and 851 rel### scripts were run successfully. A search of the logs and scripts showed that the "psoptions" table was not modified by any of them.

Since I was upgrading separate CRM and FDM apps - I compared the generated rel### scripts. For some reason, the CRM job generated totally different rel### scripts.

As a workaround since both apps are using the same start and end versions of peopletools, the FDM rel### were re-run, which fixed the AppDesigner login.

I'm now re-generating the CRM job from scratch.

Cheers
            • 3. Re: PeopleTools 8.51 Only Upgrade - Can't Login to App Designer
              user3242117
              Okay ... when I re-generated the CRM job, I ended up with the correct Rel### scripts.

Near as I can tell, the original job was somehow set for Application Upgrade instead of Peopletools Only.

Thanks for the help.