1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 6:22 AM by Alex1 RSS

Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5

Alex1
      Hello!

I'm trying to do a trick that I used in obiee 10g but in actual version I can't.

I found this document but I need to create more values of presentation variable so I can't use condition =1 or =0 because I have 4 values....

http://total-bi.com/2011/01/obiee-hide-show-sections/

Anybody has an example with more than 2 values of "variable prompt" ?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
          Alex1
          any solution please??
          • 2. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
            AnTonic
            Alex1 wrote:
            any solution please??
            All is the same. In this article uses condition =0 or =1 because of couple prompt values. If you have for example 4 values - Monthly,Quartely,Halfyearly,Yearly - then you have to create 4 conditional reports: IS_PV_MONTHLY, IS_PV_QUARTELY, IS_PV_HALFYEARLY, IS_PV_YEARLY. Then use appropriate conditional report for section with condition =1.

Edited by: AnTonic on Aug 4, 2011 3:57 PM
            • 3. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
              Alex1
              Hi!!

Thanks for your reply!

But if I have more than one "dummy report" in dashboard I have an error...

I don't understand why...

I have two sections, one section with "one dummy report" and another section with "second dummy report". When I put the second dummy report I can see in my dashboard this message: "Condition cannot be evaluated: "

Edited by: Alex1 on 05-ago-2011 1:09
              • 4. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                Alex1
                I need different dummy reports to do my assignment but If I want to try with two values of prompt(like link that provide before) I can't see good results! I have exactly the same and I see this error in my dashboard page:

"> No Cursor
                The analysis cannot be performed because an unknown error occurred and the system was not able to load the required cursor.
                "
                • 5. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                  AnTonic
                  Alex1 wrote:
                  I have two sections, one section with "one dummy report" and another section with "second dummy report". When I put the second dummy report I can see in my dashboard this message: "Condition cannot be evaluated: "

Edited by: Alex1 on 05-ago-2011 1:09
                  Is it new dashboard or migrated from 10g? It was a bug "Bug 10168696: ERROR UPGRADING A CONDITIONAL DASHBOARD: CONDITION CANNOT BE EVALUATED: ASSERTIO" in 11.1.1.3 after migration from 10g. But I see you use 11.1.1.5 May you describe the creation of your conditional report?
                  • 6. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                    Alex1
                    Is a new dashboard from 11.1.1.5, completly new.

I have two dummy reports:

First has one dummy column with formula: 'Offers' and is filtered with a presentation variable (v_act)

Second has one dummy column with formula: 'Sales' and is filtered with a presentation variable (v_act)

In my dashboard have two sections:

One section has a conditional format with First Dummy reports is equal == 1 (so if my prompt has selected Offers I can show this section) Works fine

Second section has a conditional format with Second Dummy report is equal == 1 ( so if my prompt has selected Sales I can show this section) No work and first section not work too...

Edited by: Alex1 on 05-ago-2011 2:00
                    • 7. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                      AnTonic
                      Alex1 wrote:

In my dashboard have two sections:

Edited by: Alex1 on 05-ago-2011 2:00
                      I'll create a test example on 11.1.1.5 and it works. I used dummy report as:
                      1. Column: 'Yearly'
                      2. Filter: 'Yearly' is equal to/in @{PV_TYPE}
                      • 8. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                        Alex1
                        Hi AnTonic,

It works for me If I use ONE dummy report and then I create a condition in a section

Do you check if are there two or three dummy reports in a dashboard?

For example: Section1 will be appear when Dummy report Year=1, Section2 willbe appear when Dummy report Month=1.

Can u try this?? Do you get good results?
                        • 9. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                          AnTonic
                          Alex1 wrote:
                          Hi AnTonic,

It works for me If I use ONE dummy report and then I create a condition in a section

Do you check if are there two or three dummy reports in a dashboard?

For example: Section1 will be appear when Dummy report Year=1, Section2 willbe appear when Dummy report Month=1.

Can u try this?? Do you get good results?
                          I created filter with 4 values and page with 4 sections and 4 conditional reports in it.
                          • 10. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                            Alex1
                            Ok...

Is not working for me...

I explain you what I have:

Section 0: Variable Prompt with 4 values

Section 1: Condition Section--> ROWCOUNT('01 - Dummy Offers') == 1

I can see section 1 when Variable prompt = Offer if it's not selected I don't see this section. This is that I want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my problem:

I add section2: Condition Section--> ROWCOUNT('02 - Dummy Sales') == 1

I save my dashboard and I only see SECTION 0.

Just below, I can read: Condition cannot be evaluated:
                            • 11. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                              AnTonic
                              I understood your problem.So let see on your dummy report. How do you create it? What is the column value? What is the filter?
                              • 12. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                                Alex1
                                My dummy report has one column and I edited formula with this: 'Offer'

This column is filtered: 'Offer' is equal to / is in @{v_act}

The second, third and fourth dummy report is the same changing value of prompt
                                • 13. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                                  AnTonic
                                  Alex1 wrote:
                                  My dummy report has one column and I edited formula with this: 'Offer'

This column is filtered: 'Offer' is equal to / is in @{v_act}

The second, third and fourth dummy report is the same changing value of prompt
                                  1. What operation system do you use for server?
                                  2. Try to replace condition from ==1 on >0
                                  • 14. Re: Hide/Show Sections in OBIEE 11.1.1.5
                                    Alex1
                                    I don't understand the first question

About second question...I see the same error...
                                    1 2 Previous Next