This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2011 2:09 AM by 662080 RSS

ORA-07202 while creating DB

662080 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Recently I faced the following errors (ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed ORA-07202: sltln: invalid parameter to sltln) while creating DB. I installed software first (10.2.0.1) on Linux CentOS x86_64 x86_64 x86_64, then patched it with 10.2.0.4 and now I'm trying to create database. After reaching 3% it shows me these errors. Logs don't contain any associated messages or errors.

I'm loosing my marbles guessing what's wrong and how to cope with it.

Any help is very much appreciated
  • 1. Re: ORA-07202 while creating DB
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;

You are trying to create db wiht rman duplicate?

Same issue mention in below note:
    ORA-07202 is recieved on RMAN Duplicate [ID 603836.1]

Regard
    Helios
  • 2. Re: ORA-07202 while creating DB
    PavanG Pro
    This is a known bug 5046765.

Please use the below workaround

You use the DBCA "Custom Database" option and then go through all the screens. Along the way, you choose to use Oracle Managed Files with Multiplexing. At the end of the process you have the option to do one or up to three things, create the database, save the template, and create scripts.

If you choose to save the template and NOT create the database, then try to use that template in another DBCA session to create the database it fails with:
    ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed:
    ORA-07207: sltln: invalid parameter to sltln
    on Unix and it fails with:
    ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed:
    ORA-09314: sltln: error translating logical name
    on Windows.

Upon analyzing the template and the scripts, you look in the new init.ora file and you discover the line that makes the process fail:
    control_files=""
    In the scripts you saved, this line does not appear. When you create the database at the same time you save the template, this line does not appear. However, when you run the saved template in a new DBCA session for the purpose of creating the database, this line is added to the init.ora file and the process fails with the errors above.
  • 3. Re: ORA-07202 while creating DB
    Balazs Papp Expert
    google says its related to having an incorrect value of the control_files parameter
  • 4. Re: ORA-07202 while creating DB
    662080 Newbie
    Thanks a bunch, PavanG!
    Your helped me a lot!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points