3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 12:42 AM by 912919 RSS

error establishing socket to host and port: EPM11:1433

Hi Planning Experts,

I am trying to configure EPM 11.1.2.1 (Planning)
      RDBMS: SQL server 2005 (Express Edition)

i am getting error after providing RDBMS credentials "error establishing socket to host and port: EPM11:1433 Reson: connection refused: connect"

Please help....

Regards
      Kumar
        • 1. Re: error establishing socket to host and port: EPM11:1433
          JohnGoodwin
          You may need to enable tcp/ip

SQL Server Express listens on local named pipes and shared memory. With a default installation, you cannot remotely connect to SQL Server Express. You will need to enable TCP/IP and check if the firewall is enabled.

To enable TCP/IP:
          From the Start menu, choose All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Optionally, you can open Computer Manager by right-clicking My Computer and choosing Manage. In Computer Management, expand Services and Applications, expand SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Expand SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration, and then click Protocols for InstanceName.

In the list of protocols, right-click the protocol you want to enable, and then click Enable.

The icon for the protocol will change to show that the protocol is enabled.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: error establishing socket to host and port: EPM11:1433
            Thanks John,

It solved

Regards
            Kumar
            • 3. Re: error establishing socket to host and port: EPM11:1433
              Hello John,

I am facing the same issue now even after enabling the TCP/IP. I am trying to install HFM 11.1.2.1 in my windows 7 OS.Relational DB is SQL Server 2005. Please help.EPM is not communicating with SQL Server.Please help !!

Thank you !

-Mohan Mahadevan