1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2011 1:18 AM by 880855

The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server

please help me..

after run in command prompt (java -jar c:\apex.war) to install apex listener,
      i have error when i call link http://localhost:8080/apex/listenerConfigure.

In browser show :

Not found
      The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server

how i can fix this error?

thx :) :) :)
        • 1. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
          Udo
          Hello,

this problem is usually caused by some issue in the environment.
          To get more information on what's happening with your APEX Listener, could you please post the console output of the startup up to the point where you called +/listenerConfigure+ ?

Do you have any other services, e.g. the database, running on the same machine? Please make sure that no other service is using the same port as the APEX Listener.
          You could simply try to run the APEX Listener on a different port by starting it with an additional parameter, e.g.
          java -Dapex.port=8081 -jar C:\apex.war
          which would change the configuration to http://localhost:8081/apex/listenerConfigure on the same machine.

-Udo
          1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
            but,how i know Administrator user n password to login?please,help me again.
            if you have tutorial for my poblem,please give to me . :):):):)
            • 4. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
              Udo
              Do you mean the APEX Login?
              That's the password you entered at the end of the APEX installation. If you followed the Installation Guide, you did this as described [url http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17556_01/doc/install.40/e15513/otn_install.htm#BABDEAFD]here.
              The username for the APEX administration is ADMIN.

-Udo

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered when applicable and any helpful or correct answer accordingly so other users searching the forum can find relevant posts easily.
              • 5. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                how to mark this thread??
                i'm first time use this forum so i'm still not understand :):):)

i have open the link but when i install the apex,I'm confused any step.

point 6. Select the appropriate installation option.
                in this point i select Full development environment so this step Runtime environment is passed. is it right?
                next step is 3.3.3 Change the Password for the ADMIN Account, i think this step is passed too couse i read
                "In a new installation of Oracle Application Express, or if you are converting a *runtime environment* to a development environment, you must change the password of the internal ADMIN account. In an upgrade scenario, the password will be preserved and carried over from the prior release." is right?

and one question again,how to restart proses in point 3.3.4 Restart Processes ?

thx a lot couse i'm still newbie for oracle but i want study hard :):):)

Edited by: Beny1986 on Aug 10, 2011 3:49 AM
                • 6. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                  Udo
                  how to mark this thread??
                  It seems you've marked the threads as answered now. ;) Probably you'll also find out how to mark posts as "correct" or "helpful"...
                  in this point i select Full development environment so this step Runtime environment is passed. is it right?
                  Correct.
                  next step is 3.3.3 Change the Password for the ADMIN Account, i think this step is passed too couse i read
                  "In a new installation of Oracle Application Express, or if you are converting a runtime environment to a development environment, you must change the password of the internal ADMIN account. In an upgrade scenario, the password will be preserved and carried over from the prior release." is right?
                  Well, that depends... You've installed APEX the first time, so you do have a new installation. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to reset this password... After all, you posted you don't know it, right? So that's the only option you have to get to know it anyway...
                  and one question again,how to restart proses in point 3.3.4 Restart Processes ?
                  The documentation is actually a little confusing there, as this whole section only concerns the installation with APEX Listener, so usually, there won't be any Oracle HTTP Server to be restarted. The service you do need to restart is the APEX Listener itself.

-Udo
                  • 7. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                    thx a lot mr.udo...

i want reinstall again step by step...it's very helpful for me..

:):):)
                    • 8. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                      hallo master udo..
                      please help ...

i have re-install my apex n succeed n now i have poblem in apex listener.

in command prompt, i'm type java -Dapex.port=1521 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war and it's started but i'm call at browser,
                      i called http://localhost:1521/apex/listenerConfigure is nothing respon or blank and i'm type java -Dapex.port=8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war
                      i have internal error when i called http://localhost:8081/apex/listenerConfigure.

can help to fix this problem??

thx

Edited by: Beny1986 on Aug 18, 2011 7:03 PM
                      • 9. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                        Udo
                        Hi Beny,

let's see what I can do to help you fix your installation.
                        java -Dapex.port=1521 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war
                        That way you would try to start the APEX Listener on a port that is usually used by the database listener. This could work if you don't have a database installed on that machine or you configured the database listener to use a different port, but I wouldn't recommend to use that port anyway, as anybody will associate it with at database listener... In your case, it sounds like you have a database installed on the same machine you start your APEX Listener on and the database is using that port already. That's why you get "nothing" when you try to access the APEX Listener - the APAEX Listener can't bind to a port that's already used by another process.
                        java -Dapex.port=8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war
                        That port sounds better. The fact that you get an internal error indicates that the APEX Listener is actually working on that port, so we could try to debug.
                        My first guess is, that you've already configured the APEX Listener before. Since you had it running before, I assume you didn't remove the old configuration, so the APEX Listener will reuse it. You'll find the corresponding information in the console output of your APEX Listener.
                        If that's the case, the error will most likely not be in the previously working APEX Listener configuration, but in your APEX installation. Did you perform the installation steps concerning the APEX_PUBLIC_USER documented for the installation of APEX using APEX Listener? See the corresponding section of the [url http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17556_01/doc/install.40/e15513/otn_install.htm#BABDEEIH]APEX Installation Guide for details.

-Udo
                        • 10. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                          it's true. i already configured the APEX Listener before.
                          but i have uninstall my apex n re-install again.
                          so how can i removed the old configure?
                          • 11. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                            Udo
                            If you haven't configured the same password for the APEX_PUBLIC_USER, you'll have to change it.
                            The default path for the config file will be in a directory apex in +${java.io.tmpdir}+ , which is in your users TEMP directory (on Windows systems this will usually be the TEMP in local settings of your user profile, on Linux/Unix it's tmp). The safest and easiest way to find the file is to look into the console output when your APEX Listener starts. Search that output for a line starting with "Using config file: ".
                            As an alternative, you could start the APEX Listener with a non-default home directory by passing in an additional parameter -Dapex.home=<directory>. That way, you'll always know where your configuration etc. can be found and you can ensure it's never deleted unless you actually want this to happen. Your TEMP is probably cleaned up now and then...

-Udo
                            • 12. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                              can give step by step to do it?

thx
                              • 13. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                                Rafi (Oracle DBA)
                                Hi ,
                                Check the below link can help,

http://rafioracledba.blogspot.com/2011/08/integrating-apex-402-with-e-business.html

For some more apex and apex listener related queries:

Check the below label:

http://rafioracledba.blogspot.com/search/label/APEX%20tasks

Best regards,

Rafi.
                                http://rafioracledba.blogspot.com
                                • 14. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                                  Udo
                                  Okay, I'll try to reformulate my previous post.
                                  You have two options for storing configuration in APEX Listener:
                                  A: Use the old (default) location for your APEX Listener confguration.
                                  B: Use a new (defined) location for your APEX Listener configuration.

I'd recommend option B. You need to perform the following step for this:

1. Start the APEX Listener with an additional parameter -Dapex.home=<config_directory> , e.g.
                                  java -Dapex.home=c:\apex\apex_listener\config -Dapex.port=8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war 
                                  If you decide to stay with the default location (again, this will be a temporary location, so you might lose your configuration unexpectedly on a temp cleanup), you have two "sub-"options:
                                  A1: Erase the old configuration and restart the configuration.
                                  A2: Update the old configuration to fit your new parameters.

Out of these, I'd recommend A1, since it's the cleanest way and you probably won't forget to configure anything you need.
                                  Either way, you start with the following step:

1. Locate the existing config file ( apex-config.xml ) by searching the console output of your APEX Listener startup for a line starting with "Using config file: ".
                                  A1. Delete the whole "apex"-directory that contains the apex-config.xml
                                  A2. Edit the apex-config.xml .

I hope this helps you to get your APEX Listener up and running again.

-Udo
                                  1 2 Previous Next