1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 8:18 PM by 880855 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
        Udo wrote:
        If you decide to stay with the default location (again, this will be a temporary location, so you might lose your configuration unexpectedly on a temp cleanup), you have two "sub-"options:
        A1: Erase the old configuration and restart the configuration.
        A2: Update the old configuration to fit your new parameters.

Out of these, I'd recommend A1, since it's the cleanest way and you probably won't forget to configure anything you need.
        Either way, you start with the following step:

1. Locate the existing config file ( apex-config.xml ) by searching the console output of your APEX Listener startup for a line starting with "Using config file: ".
        A1. Delete the whole "apex"-directory that contains the apex-config.xml
        A2. Edit the apex-config.xml .

I hope this helps you to get your APEX Listener up and running again.

-Udo
        I'm sorry,i'm really beginner for apex...
        I do not understand the two points above..
        how erase?
        A1. Delete the whole "apex"-directory that contains the apex-config.xml
        how?

i'm really sorry...:):):)

Edited by: Beny1986 on Aug 22, 2011 6:36 PM
        • 16. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
          Udo
          I'm sorry,i'm really beginner for apex...
          No problem at all. We all started "naked" some day. ;)
          how erase?
          It's really as easy as deleting/removing (Windows/Linux file operation) the apex-config.xml in the location you see in the console output.
          Same with the directory apex , if you intend to choose that option - really just "kick" the directory.
          In both cases, make sure your APEX Listener isn't running at that moment.

-Udo
          • 17. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
            I might explain my first step when installing the apex listener, before re-install apex as I've said before that eventually you recommend replacing the port.

when running java -Dapex.port = 8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war at the command prompt, there is writing press enter to skip, if not wrong.
            then I press Enter to skip. whether it problematic?

because of the explanation of who you are and follow the steps given by you should have formed the config folder, right?
            well, the first time I did not have the folder. be stored where?
            because I press enter to skip it.

I am searching apex-config.xml file on my computer was not found.
            what should I do now?

Edited by: Beny1986 on Aug 23, 2011 2:25 AM
            • 18. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
              Udo
              when running java -Dapex.port = 8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war at the command prompt, there is writing press enter to skip, if not wrong.
              then I press Enter to skip. whether it problematic?
              Yepp. If you skip that step, you didn't configure the path to the "APEX Images", so you can use the basic functionality of the APEX Listener (e.g. configuring it or using it for non-APEX tasks like Resource Templates), but you won't be able use APEX without the images. You really need to have them on the machine you run the APEX Listener on, as mentioned in the APEX Installation Guide referenced above.
              well, the first time I did not have the folder. be stored where?
              When you run the APEX Listener for the first time, you won't have any config. The APEX Listener will create the config in the location you named in the parameter -Dapex.home or in the default location.
              Pressing enter in order to skip at the first start does not skip the creation of the configuration but just the configuration of the path where the APEX Listener should look for the APEX Images.
              I am searching apex-config.xml file on my computer was not found.
              It's unlikely that file doesn't exist at all while you have an APEX Listener running on your system. Could you post the console output of your APEX Listener? (The contents of the command line window/terminal when you issued java -Dapex.port = 8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war )

-Udo
              • 19. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                Yepp. If you skip that step, you didn't configure the path to the "APEX Images", so you can use the basic functionality of the APEX Listener (e.g. configuring it or
                using it for non-APEX tasks like Resource Templates), but you won't be able use APEX without the images. You really need to have them on the machine you run the
                APEX Listener on, as mentioned in the APEX Installation Guide referenced above.
                but after i'm skip this proses i can open http://localhost:8081/listenerConfigure and until success to configure but i don't know is true or not my configure.
                after that i'm re-install apex and successful but stuck in apex listener to re-configure as I described earlier.
                When you run the APEX Listener for the first time, you won't have any config. The APEX Listener will create the config in the location you named in the parameter
                -Dapex.home or in the default location.
                Pressing enter in order to skip at the first start does not skip the creation of the configuration but just the configuration of the path where the APEX Listener should
                look for the APEX Images.
                where the default location??because I am still confused to remove/delete old apex listener configure... :( :( :(
                i need you help so much... :(
                It's unlikely that file doesn't exist at all while you have an APEX Listener running on your system. Could you post the console output of your APEX Listener? (The
                contents of the command line window/terminal when you issued java -Dapex.port = 8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war )
                yes,i can. but i don't know is still same or not cause i have run the command below :
                java -Dapex.home=c:\apex\apex_listener\config -Dapex.port=8081 -jar c:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war
                the console output (java -Dapex.port=8081 -jar C:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war) :
                Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
                (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Firmus7>cd "c:\Program Files"

C:\Program Files>cd ./java

C:\Program Files\Java>cd ./jdk1.6.0_20

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20>cd ./bin

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin>java -Dapex.port=8081 -jar C:\apex\apex_li
                stener\apex.war
                INFO: Starting: C:\apex\apex_listener\apex.war
                 See: 'java -jar apex.war --help' for full range of configuration options
                INFO: Extracting to: C:\DOCUME~1\Firmus7\LOCALS~1\Temp\apex
                INFO: Using classpath: file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/____emb
                edded/start.jar:file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/ap
                ex.jar:file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/commons-fil
                eupload-1.2.1.jar:file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/
                je-4.0.103.jar:file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/ojd
                bc6.jar:file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/ojmisc.jar
                :file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/poi-3.6-20091214.
                jar:file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/ucp.jar:file:/
                C:/DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/xdb-11.2.0.jar:file:/C:/
                DOCUME~1/Firmus7/LOCALS~1/Temp/apex/apex/WEB-INF/lib/xmlparserv2-11.2.0.jar:
                INFO: Starting Embedded Web Container in: C:\DOCUME~1\Firmus7\LOCALS~1\Temp\apex

Aug 24, 2011 8:19:04 AM ____bootstrap.Deployer deploy
                INFO: Will deploy application path=C:\DOCUME~1\Firmus7\LOCALS~1\Temp\apex\apex\W
                EB-INF\web.xml
                Aug 24, 2011 8:19:07 AM ____bootstrap.Deployer deploy
                INFO: deployed application path=C:\DOCUME~1\Firmus7\LOCALS~1\Temp\apex\apex\WEB-
                INF\web.xml
                Using config file: C:\DOCUME~1\Firmus7\LOCALS~1\Temp\apex\apex-config.xml
                -- listing properties --
                PropertyCheckInterval=60
                ValidateConnection=true
                MinLimit=1
                MaxLimit=10
                InitialLimit=3
                AbandonedConnectionTimeout=900
                MaxStatementsLimit=10
                InactivityTimeout=1800
                MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000
                APEX Listener version : 1.1.2.131.15.23
                APEX Listener server info: Grizzly/1.9.18-o
                Aug 24, 2011 8:19:09 AM com.sun.grizzly.Controller logVersion
                INFO: Starting Grizzly Framework 1.9.18-o - Wed Aug 24 08:19:09 ICT 2011
                INFO: http://localhost:8081/apex started.
                • 20. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                  i have fix my problem to delete/remove old configure apex listener.
                  thx a lot for Udo to help me so much. I have found where the old path configure when i'm copy the console output above. :) :) :)

whether it can teach me how to configure the apex listener?
                  cause,i'm still not familiar with apex listener.

thx
                  • 21. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                    Udo
                    I really recommend to read the documentation on the configuration details.
                    Basically, you only need to give the APEX Listener the directory where your APEX images are stored (the images directory out of the APEX installation package) and enter your database connection to get things working. The images directory is configured in the console either as command line parameter or as part of the startup-dialogue. The database connection is configured with the page in +/listenerConfigure+ that usually starts up upon your first configuration-less start of the APEX Listener.

-Udo
                    • 22. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                      Udo
                      Basically, you only need to give the APEX Listener the directory where your APEX images are stored (the images directory out of the APEX installation package) and enter your database connection to get things working. The images directory is configured in the console either as command line parameter or as part of the startup-dialogue. The database connection is configured with the page in +/listenerConfigure+ that usually starts up upon your first configuration-less start of the APEX Listener.

-Udo
                      • 23. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                        Udo

-Udo
                        • 24. Re: The requested URL /apex/listenerConfigure was not found on this server
                          ok,i have finished configure...

thx master Udo.. :) :) :)
                          1 2 Previous Next