This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 4:23 AM by 866603 RSS

Session failure with ORA-26002

880097 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I'm trying to run pre built task in order to fill tables of my Oracle Business intelligence Analytics Warehouse. I'm getting below error for some tables:

WRT_8229 Database errors occurred: ORA-26002: An indexe is defined on table SYSADM.W_HR_POSITION_D.Database driver error...Function Name: Prepare DPLSQL stmt: INSERT INTO HR_POSITION_D(ROW_WID, POSITION_NUM, POSITION_NAME...

How can I fix this error??
  • 1. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    Ranganathan Explorer
    HI,

The Error is occured due to there is a index is there for a bulk mode in informatica,
    Check in ur DAC is Index is dropped or not, if it is dropped check whether infromatica and DAC datawarehouse tables are samee

Regards
    Ranga
  • 2. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    880097 Newbie
    Hi Ranga,
    Can you tell me where should I go in the DAC to check indexes?
  • 3. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    Ahsan Shah Expert
    You can check this under the Design Tab under INDEXES. Most likely the issue is that someone has defined an index directly in the DB but did not add the same Index definition to the DAC. Therefore, the DAC is not dropping the index and INFA is failing on a Bulk load.
  • 4. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    880097 Newbie
    Ok!
    So when I'm under the indexes tabs should I select all check boxes "Always Drop & Create" or should I uncheck all the boxes "Is Unique" (for the indexe usage ETL)??
  • 5. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    Ranganathan Explorer
    Hi ,

You can Check the runned EP, GO Tasks, right click details and check it out whether it drops index are not, if it drops the index, check whether informatica and DAC target database connectivity are same

Regards
    Ranga
  • 6. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    880097 Newbie
    The tasks detail in the runned EP seems to perform the "Drop/create index" correctly. I've some tables in the datawarehouse that are loaded but the others are still empty.
    I've check the connection parameter into the DAC and on Informatica Workflow manager: Toolbar menu>Connections>Application...(to check source connections) and Connections>Relationnal...(to check target connection). But there is nothing wrong.
  • 7. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    866603 Newbie
    Hi there,

I'm also facing the same issue.
    This issue was not happening until I cloned my existing OLAPDB to new server to make it a multi tier environment.The EP was scheduled and running fine till then.
    But when I ran the EP fro the new server as a target DB, I'm getting the same error in so many tasks saying ORA-26002.
    If I change the target load type from 'Bulk' to 'Norma' the same tasks get failed with ora-00001 saying unique constraint violation.

Any Help plz??

--
    Mihir
  • 8. Re: Session failure with ORA-26002
    866603 Newbie
    Hi there,

I'm also facing the same issue.
    This issue was not happening until I cloned my existing OLAPDB to new server to make it a multi tier environment.The EP was scheduled and running fine till then.
    But when I ran the EP fro the new server as a target DB, I'm getting the same error in so many tasks saying ORA-26002.
    If I change the target load type from 'Bulk' to 'Norma' the same tasks get failed with ora-00001 saying unique constraint violation.

Any Help plz??

--
    Mihir

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points