2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 5:01 AM by 839870

Data set generation based on Target accounts

Hi Experts,
      I am working on HFM/FDM version 11.1.1.3 and I am using Essbase target adapter for version 11 to load data extracted from HFM to Essbase application. I have a business requirement in which for about 500 Balance sheet HFM accounts I have to load the same data to a member "Default Department" and same data set to parent member "All Department" of the Department dimension the target Essbase cube.

Same logic I have to use for loading data to 'default product' member as well as 'All Product' parent level member of the Product dimension of the target cube. Is it possible generate data records based on target custom dimension members?

For e.g. All the custom 1 and custom 2 source members are currently mapped to Default Department & Default Product code respectively as terget code, all I need is to load the same data set to "All Department" and "All Products" member as well. Is it possible in FDM? Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
      Rohit
        • 1. Re: Data set generation based on Target accounts
          TonyScalese
          It's certainly possible with an event script but I would question if this really needs to be done. Could you not accomplish the same with an Essbase aggregation or member calculation?
          • 2. Re: Data set generation based on Target accounts
            The target Essbase application is a live system which the cleint has been using since a long time. The Essbase (which is actually a Planning system) is by design non-aggregating. The users load data at parent level as well base level through forms & via excel lock and send.

The actual data load in the current Planning system is being done from the source Essbase actuals engine through partioning (All level partition). I am working on replacing the existing Essbase actuals engine by HFM. Thus rather than brining any chnage to the live system the client wants me to do this in FDM anyhow.

Will the logic be after validate of before validate? Do I have to use a SQL using union or something similar? Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
            Rohit