8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 10:41 AM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA

Hi All,

I am using "Import Price Catlogs" to import Blanket PO, It got successfully created, but the release information is not showing up.
      Can anybody tried this. Please revert back with the answer.

Thanks
      AmolA
        • 1. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          There is no API for Releases.
          As a workaround, based on the Release data you have, populate the requisition interface table. Make sure you have created appropriate requisitions / ASL entries and sourcing rules beforehand.
          Then import requisitions.
          Schedule the Create Release program - it will automatically create Blanket Releases for you.

Hope this helps,
          Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
            Thank You Sandip,

Can you just specify what are the mandatory columns I need to populate in requisition interface. Because I tried with this scenario
            but it also failes. Can you please help me in that.

Thanks
            AmolA
            • 3. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
              Hi Sandeep,

I am using "Import Price Catalogs" for creating Blanket Agreement. There is one parameter for creating releases,
              Parameter Name: Release Generation Method
              I am using "Release using autocreate" value for this parameter. But still it is not creating releases.

I found one note on metalink saying that,

If Source document: Blanket then If the PO Create Documents workflow attribute 'Should the workflow create releases?' is set to 'Y', the createpo workflow will create a blanket release if Release generation method is "Release using autocreate".
              I Set this parameter to 'Y', but still it is not able to create releases.
              Waiting for your reply. Your first reply was really helpful.

Thanks,
              AmolA
              • 4. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
                See http://udaysoma.blogspot.com/2010/01/requisition-interface.html for sample code and required columns
                • 5. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
                  The "Release Generation Method" parameter of the Import Price Catalogs process is used to create the the ASL.
                  The Import Price Catalog won't actually create the Release.

The "Should the workflow create releases" attribute needs to be set to Y. That attribute together with the "Release generation method" set above will help you create a blanket release when you have create a sourcing rule and you have run the requisitions interface.

Hope this helps,
                  Sandeep Gandhi
                  • 6. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
                    Absolute solution............
                    • 7. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
                      Sandeep,

Need your favour again,
                      I populate the data into requisition interface table as per the link you suggested to me, but still the release is not created. I am still fighiting with Releases.
                      Need to know of there is any document(Metalink ID) which suggests that the import process of releases for already created BPA.
                      Its very urgent. I am doing PO Conversion and now stuck only for Blanket Releases. Please help me out.

Thanks,
                      Amol
                      • 8. Re: Want to RELEASE the BLANKET PA
                        Check the following documents
                        Auto Sourcing And Auto Create/Release Checklist [ID 417966.1]
                        How To Diagnose Issues With Approved Supplier List And Sourcing Rules In Purchasing [ID 557825.1

Also understand that the process will create new blanket releases.  It will not do the data conversion in the sense that you won't be able to specify the release #.

Hope this helps,
                        Sandeep Gandhi