This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2011 1:50 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

PeopleSoft VM template installation problem

788177 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

I downloaded 2 people soft Oracle VM Templates.
OVM_EL5U2_X86_64_HCMDB_9_1_1_PVM
OVM_EL5U2_X86_64_TOOLS_8_51_02_HCM_9_1_1_PVM

I first created VM1 from OVM_EL5U2_X86_64_HCMDB_9_1_1_PVM and during db creation steps, gave
HR91 as SID, 1521 port.

Then I created VM2 from OVM_EL5U2_X86_64_TOOLS_8_51_02_HCM_9_1_1_PVM.
When I try to run
./psadmin and try to create the domain
I always get this error
Dabase Signon: Invalid user ID aor password for database signon. (id=system)

Now From second VM2, I can connect to DB on VM1 machine as using sqlplus
system/admin123

but can't connect as using sqlplus
sys/admin123 as sysdba
sysadm/sysadm as sysdba

While creating domain,
1. what database userid/password should I use
2. what is significance of AddToPath parameter

regards, Yora
  • 1. Re: PeopleSoft VM template installation problem
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    Hello,

I'm wondering why you want to create the appl domain, the VM deployment should create one by default.
    Moreover, system is not being used, and should not be used for Peoplesoft application. Use SYSADM instead, it is the owner of the entire Peoplesoft objects set. The SYSADM's password is SYSADM (in upper case). SYSADM is not being used to be sysdba against the database.
    It seems you are quite confused between all the accounts to be used.
    On the domain configuration, you should give a application user - not a database one - and for HCM, it should be PS.
    AddToPath should not be an issue.

Nicolas.

PS: there's a Peoplesoft VM dedicated forum, this thread has moved on : Forum Home » PeopleSoft Enterprise » PeopleSoft OVM Templates
  • 2. Re: PeopleSoft VM template installation problem
    788177 Newbie
    Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply, Let me try to answer all your questions.

>
    I'm wondering why you want to create the appl domain, the VM deployment should create one by default.
    >
    I didn't see any domains created as part of VM creation. When I run psadmin and say "Administer a domain", I see empty domain list.

>
    Moreover, system is not being used, and should not be used for Peoplesoft application. Use SYSADM instead, it is the owner of the entire Peoplesoft objects set. The SYSADM's password is SYSADM (in upper case). SYSADM is not being used to be sysdba against the database.
    >
    As you said I used sysadm/SYSADM to create domain, verified from sqlplus that sysadm/SYSADM user can connect to the db, but now the error is
    "Database Signon: Invalid user ID or password for database signon. (id=sysadm)."

>
    On the domain configuration, you should give a application user - not a database one - and for HCM, it should be PS.
    >
    Are you trying to say, while creation of domain, db/db-user doesn't come in picture.

well, while looking for a log file, I came across this file
    /home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.51/appserv/APPDOM/LOGS/APPSRV_0102.LOG with contents,
    so seems like there was a domain called APPDOM which installation probably tried to create, but failed due to some reasons.

PSAPPSRV.2311 (0) [01/02/09 16:10:01](0) PeopleTools Release 8.51.02 (Linux) starting. Tuxedo server is APPSRV(99)/1
    PSAPPSRV.2311 (0) [01/02/09 16:10:01](0) Cache Directory being used: /home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.51/appserv/APPDOM/CACHE/PSAPPSRV_1/
    PSAPPSRV.2311 (0) [01/02/09 16:10:02](3) File: SQL Access ManagerSQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 12545 - ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
    PSAPPSRV.2311 (0) [01/02/09 16:10:02](1) GenMessageBox(200, 0, M): SQL Access Manager: File: SQL Access ManagerSQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 12545 - ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
    PSAPPSRV.2311 (0) [01/02/09 16:10:02](1) GenMessageBox(0, 0, M): Database Signon: Could not sign on to database HR91 with user PS.
    PSAPPSRV.2311 (0) [01/02/09 16:10:02](0) Server failed to start

Just tried logging in to db using PS/PS user and got this error
    user PS lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied

Can anyone help here.

regards, Yora
  • 3. Re: PeopleSoft VM template installation problem
    If the domain is not created, then probably something wrong heppend you should to fix and/or to figure out.
    You may want to have a look to the tuto I wrote a while ago :
    http://gasparotto.blogspot.com/2011/02/peoplesoft-ovm-hcm91-peopletools-85102.html
    "Database Signon: Invalid user ID or password for database signon. (id=sysadm)."
    What if you configure the domain within an appl user like PS/PS ?
    user PS lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied
    PS (as an Oracle user) is not granted to connect onto the db, nothing wrong here, it is perfectly expected.
    ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
    What heppen if you just try to ping the db server from app server ?
    I would reinstall the all set from scratch keeping the ip address from each other instead of server name (and/or add them into /etc/hosts).

Nicolas.
  • 4. Re: PeopleSoft VM template installation problem
    788177 Newbie
    Thanks Nicolas.

Now the App Template also works fine.
    I deleted APP Virtual machine and recreated it and now while configuring, I provided IP address of the database machine and could see APPDOM getting created during installation phase.

Also was able to login to the application.

Just one question.
    When I shutdown and restart the App machine, do I need to restart services or it happens as system initialization process?

regards, Yora
  • 5. Re: PeopleSoft VM template installation problem
    785174 wrote:
    Just one question.
    When I shutdown and restart the App machine, do I need to restart services or it happens as system initialization process?
    No, the domain does not start automatically, you need to do it manually or find a way for automation.

Nicolas.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points