9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2011 6:00 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

compiling CUSTOM.pll

Hi Everybody,

I need some integrated solutions between ORACLE imaging solutions server and EBS server.So that it is advisory to pick AXF_CUSTOM.pld file (present in Imaging solutions server) to EBS server,convert it to an AXF_CUSTOM.pll file, make modifications, and then compile it to an AXF_CUSTOM.plx file.

But I have some doubt here.
      My Imaging solution server:Windows Machine.
      My EBS server(12.1.1):Linux machine

And i m transferring AXF_CUSTOM.pld file from windows machine to Linux machine.So should there some dos2unix command be needed before converting it???

With Regards
      Jyoti
        • 1. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          And i m transferring AXF_CUSTOM.pld file from windows machine to Linux machine.So should there some dos2unix command be needed before converting it???
          You could just upload the file from your Windows machine to the Linux server in binary mode and this should be enough. Or, use dos2unix as you mentioned above.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
            Hi Hussein,
            After performing all the steps i didn't get Zoom as enable in the required forms.So is there any patch needed to enable this.

With Regards
            Jyoti
            • 3. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              After performing all the steps i didn't get Zoom as enable in the required forms.So is there any patch needed to enable this.
              What steps? Did you review http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A60725_05/html/comnls/us/fnd/zoom11.htm and see if it helps?

Have you used the TEMPLATE.fmb file to create this custom form? -- OEBS. Don't show menu file-export

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
                Hi Hussein,

Now i m getting an error

Below are the steps I followed:-
                1. Copied AXF_CUSTOM.pld to FORMS_PATH.
                2. Open AXF_CUSTOM.pld file in forms builder connecting with APPS Database User.
                3. Converted AXF_CUSTOM.pld to AXF_CUSTOM.pll.while converting I got the error
                PDE-PLI038 - Cannot open file as a PL/SQL Library as expected.
                4. Compiled AXF_CUSTOM.pll to AXF_CUSTOM.plx while compiling I got many errors
                e.g. 'APP_SPECIAL.ENABLE' must be declared. Since the library files were missing
                so I attached the library files and the files compiled successfully.
                5. Downloaded CUSTOM.pll from the Server from $AU_TOP Resource Directory.
                6. Open the CUSTOM.pll and modified it as follows.

6. a function zoom_available return boolean is
                begin
                -- Required for ALL integrations
                return AXF_CUSTOM.zoom_available();
                end zoom_available;

6. b procedure event(event_name varchar2) is
                begin
                -- Required for AXF integrations
                AXF_CUSTOM.event (event_name);
                null;
                end event;

7. Attached AXF_CUSTOM.pll to the CUSTOM.pll.
                7. Compiled CUSTOM.pll at local machine.
                8. Deployed CUSTOM.pll to $AU_TOP Resource Directory.
                9. Compiled CUSTOM.pll to CUSTOM.plx at the server using Command
                frmcmp_batch module=CUSTOM.pll userid=apps/a07r12 output_file=CUSTOM.plx
                module_type=library batch= yes compile_all=special.
                After performing these steps when we try to open the forms from the instance we are getting the error as follows:-

Then get the error as APP-FND-01926:The custom event WHEN-LOGON-CHANGED raised unhandled exception:ORA-06508:PL/SQL:couldnot find program unit being called
                ORA-01403:no data found
                • 5. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Then get the error as APP-FND-01926:The custom event WHEN-LOGON-CHANGED raised unhandled exception:ORA-06508:PL/SQL:couldnot find program unit being called
                  Please see if (APP-FND-01926, ORA-06508 [ID 797242.1]) is applicable.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
                    Hi Hussein,

All the library files are now compiled successfully. I compiled AXF_CUSTOM.pld file from other machine and transfer it to mine. After that I performed all the steps every library files are compiled and generated now.I don’t know why the Zoom button is not enabled. It should have been enabled for all the forms I guess.

is there any patch available for EBS 12 like p7416469_11i_GENERIC.zip(for EBS 11i) to enable ZOOM for required forms.

With Regards
                    Jyoti
                    • 7. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Jyoti,

Have you reviewed this thread and see if it helps? -- Re: Export to File in Oracle Apps

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
                        Hi Hussein,

First I have run the below scripts successfully :

@AXF_CREATE_TABLES_SYNONYM.sql
                        @AXF_EBS_PROPERTIES_DATA.sql
                        @AXF_APPS_INIT.sql
                        @AXF_ADD_EBS_ATTACHMENT_PROC_R12.sql
                        @AXF_ADD_EBS_ATTACHMENT_PROC_R11.sql
                        @AXF_MANAGED_ATTACH_AVAIL.sql
                        @AXF_MANAGED_ATTACH_VALUES.sql
                        @AXF_MANAGED_ATTACHMENT_DATA.sql
                        @AXF_SOAP_CALL_PROC.sql

Then complination procees done as follows:

copy the AXF_CUSTOM.pld file to the
                        E-Business Server (to FORMS_PATH for Oracle E-Business Suite 12 from

Oracle E-Business Suite 12: MW_HOME/ECM_HOME/axf/adapters/ebs/R12/AXF_CUSTOM.pld

If you are using a Linux/UNIX system and copied the .PLD
                        from a Windows system, issue the dos2unix command before
                        converting it below.(Not done)

And at first I m not able to compile AXF_CUSTOM.PLL successfully.

Below are the steps I followed:-
                        _1. Copied AXF_CUSTOM.pld to FORMS_PATH._
                        _2. Open AXF_CUSTOM.pld file in forms builder connecting with APPS Database User._
                        _3. Converted AXF_CUSTOM.pld to AXF_CUSTOM.pll.while converting I got the error_
                        PDE-PLI038 - Cannot open file as a PL/SQL Library as expected.
                        _4. Compiled AXF_CUSTOM.pll to AXF_CUSTOM.plx while compiling I got many errors_
                        e.g. 'APPSPECIAL.ENABLE' must be declared. Since the library files were missing_
                        so I attached the library files and the files compiled successfully.
                        _5. Downloaded CUSTOM.pll from the Server from $AU_TOP Resource Directory._
                        6. Open the CUSTOM.pll and modified it as follows.

_6. a function zoom_available return boolean is_
                        begin
                        -- Required for ALL integrations
                        return AXFCUSTOM.zoom_available();_
                        end zoomavailable;_

_6. b procedure event(event_name varchar2) is_
                        begin
                        -- Required for AXF integrations
                        AXFCUSTOM.event (event_name);_
                        null;
                        end event;

_7. Attached AXF_CUSTOM.pll to the CUSTOM.pll._
                        7. Compiled CUSTOM.pll at local machine.
                        _8. Deployed CUSTOM.pll to $AU_TOP Resource Directory._
                        9. Compiled CUSTOM.pll to CUSTOM.plx at the server using Command
                        frmcmpbatch module=CUSTOM.pll userid=apps/a07r12 output_file=CUSTOM.plx_
                        moduletype=library batch= yes compile_all=special._
                        After performing these steps when we try to open the forms from the instance we are getting the error as follows:-

Then I compiled AXF_CUSTOM.PLD in another machine and transfer it to mine.After that I performed all the steps every library files are compiled and generated now.I don’t know why the Zoom button is not enabled. It should have been enabled for all the forms I guess.

With Regards
                        Jyoti
                        • 9. Re: compiling CUSTOM.pll
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Did you compile CUSTOM.pll file successfully with no errors?

Please obtain the FRD file as suggested by these docs. Also, go through the suggested solutions in the docs and see if it helps.

Unable to access forms - getting APP-FND-01926 error [ID 391243.1]
                          APP-FND-01926 And ORA-06508 Errors When Trying To Access Any Forms-Based Applications [ID 376231.1]
                          APP-FND-01926: The custom event WHEN-LOGON-CHANGED raised unhandled exception: ORA-06508: PL/SQL: [ID 831159.1]
                          APP-FND-01926, ORA-06508 [ID 797242.1]

Thanks,
                          Hussein