This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 5:56 AM by cjmurray RSS

Hyperion Financial Reports batch reports and bursting documentation

CL Oracle ACE Director
Currently Being Moderated
I hope this is the right forum for this -- I have been working with Oracle EPM's Financial Reports quite a bit for a project and really banged my head against the wall when it canme to implementing FR batch reports and burst batching.

I did read the docs, more than once, and it would have been really nice if the following had been in the documentation somewhere:
-----
There are six kinds of Financial Reports documents typically encountered in a Planning implementation:
1) Financial Reports – the base Essbase/Planning report
2) FR Books – collections of FRs using, where applicable, a common POV to drive all reports within a book
3) FR Batches – Objects that contain reports and books. A batch can contain a single report, multiple reports, a single book, multiple books, mixes of reports and books, etc.
4) FR Scheduled Batches – Scheduler (Workspace has its own, reports-only scheduler) of FR Batches and their Books and reports. Scheduled objects can get written to Workspace folders, zip files, and emails.
5) Burst batching – A way to parameterize scheduled batches and overload single dimension selections (only one dimension can be bursted and yes that is a strange word for it) with either manually selected members or members driven through imported burst files.
6) Bursting files – These are comma-delimited files used to drive burst batching
-----
This could just be a snippet or an introduction to a chapter or whatever. Perhaps this was there all along and I just missed it, but I really looked. No one else should have to go through the pain of figuring out these definitions.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour