This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 10:22 PM by rp0428 RSS

Lock

Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Friends

I have Oracle Stream But everything works fine without any problem but On Node called W-Db Everyday Day Lock happened with huge Performance Down at 10:10 Am Everyday .

Alert log nothing
IAS log nothing
Stream Log nothing

What the i the problem ???
Nothing Appear on database ? please guys i need solution ASAP
  • 1. Re: Lock
    rajeysh Guru
    Osama-mustafa wrote:
    Hi Friends

I have Oracle Stream But everything works fine without any problem but On Node called W-Db Everyday Day Lock happened with huge Performance Down at 10:10 Am Everyday .

Alert log nothing
    IAS log nothing
    Stream Log nothing

What the i the problem ???
    Nothing Appear on database ? please guys i need solution ASAP
    analyze using AWR report/ADDM or Statspack report.

refer oracle documentation
  • 2. Re: Lock
    Mark D Powell Guru
    What kind of lock? Held by which session, which is doing what?

If the problem happens at a specific time every day then it is likely related to a batch process or a scheduled task. If you are talking about a database lock then you should be able to use v$lock, v$session, and v$sqltext to find the blocking task and see what SQL it is running.

If by lock you really mean the database is hung and you have no clue why then run a hang analyze command and follow that with queries on the above objects.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
  • 3. Re: Lock
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Thank you all but i meant wit lock
    is

Database is hanged, no response the problem is its was working fine before why now ?
  • 4. Re: Lock
    rajeysh Guru
    enable sql_trace and find the root cause. if you are unable to find any information alert log and trace files now.

also check with the system admin for system log file,cpu utilization during that particular time
  • 5. Re: Lock
    Mark D Powell Guru
    Only you have access to your database and can look to see what is going on. If on 10g+ and you have a EM Diagnostic Pack license then you can look at the AWR report that cover the period of time in question and see if you can learn anything from it. You can also query ash history.

If you do not have an EM Diagnostic License or you are on a version before 10g then set up and run a statspack snapshot right before you expect the problem to occur and then run another when it is happening.

Search on Oracle hang analze to find how to generate a hang analyze dump you can reivew and upload to Oracle support if you cannot find the problem using it yourself.

Informaition in v$session_wait or the same columns of v$session may well point to the problem.

Verify that not only are the alert logs clear of error messages but that no trace files or cdump files are being generated during the problem time.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
  • 6. Re: Lock
    Harsh_v Newbie
    please look into your ADDM report or AWR report
  • 7. Re: Lock
    rp0428 Guru
    This question is over a year old and is already ANSWERED.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points