2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 11:59 AM by 747405

[12.1.2] Forms Perso : Updating a DFF at PO_LINES level in the PO screen

Hello
      In the PO screen (POXPOEPO), I'd like to maintain some consistency between 3 dates fields at PO_LINE level, according to some business rules, with Forms Perso.
      2 dates fields are the standard ones, PROMISED_DATE and NEED_BY_DATE, the third one is a DFF ATTRIBUTE1

e.g : If I modify the PROMISED_DATE, I'm using the PO_LINES.NEED_BY.NEW_ITEM_INSTANCE to modify the 2 other fields.
      With an action "Property", Object Type = "Item" and PO_LINES.NEED_BY.Value = '...' or PO_LINES.ATTRIBUTE1.Value = '...'
      It works for the NEED_BY_DATE field, it is correctly updated.
      But the DFF ATTRIBUTE1 is cleared instead of being updated ? With the same code as the NEED_BY_DATE field

The DFF is defined with the value set FND_STANDARD_DATETIME, which requires to have a format DD/MM/RRRR HH24:MI:SS

If someone has any experience in modifying DFF with Forms Perso, I would like to understand why I obtain such a behavior, and if possible have some tips about doing what I'd like to do.

Take care,
      Xavier

Edited by: Xavier_Vlieghe on 18 août 2011 09:41
        • 1. Continue to test / taking in account date formatting ...
          I think date formatting is involved in my problem.

Here are the date format settings in OA :
          Profile option "ICX Date format" = '31/12/1999' for my user and '31-DEC-1999' at site level

My DFF ATTRIBUTE1 has a date format like this in the GUI (PO screen) : "23/09/2011 00:00:00"
          But I don't know what settings is used to format this data ?

If I do a query on the data I have the following :
          ATTRIBUTE1
          -------------------------------
          2011/09/23 00:00:00

If PROMISED_DATE = '20/09/2011 00:00:00', and I want to add 3 days for populating the date in ATTRIBUTE1, I have tested the following :

1/ try to fit GUI date format:
          PO_LINES.ATTRIBUTE1.VALUE = TO_CHAR((TO_DATE(:PO_LINES.PROMISED_DATE, 'DD/MM/RRRR HH24:MI:SS') + :GLOBAL.XX_LOAD), 'DD/MM/RRRR HH24:MI:SS')
          Result in DFF : field cleared !
          (same thing by replacing RRRR by YYYY)
          The "Validate" button in the Forms Perso screen is yet showing a nice result, "23/09/2011 00:00:00"

2/ try to let GUI format the data:
          PO_LINES.ATTRIBUTE1.VALUE = (TO_DATE(:PO_LINES.PROMISED_DATE, 'DD/MM/RRRR HH24:MI:SS') + :GLOBAL.XX_LOAD)
          Result in DFF : '11/09/0023 00:00:00' (field is updated with a value now!)
          (same thing by replacing RRRR by YYYY)
          The "Validate" button in the Forms Perso screen is showing the result, "23-SEP-11"

I must admit I'm a little lost with this topic, if anyone has an explanation on which date format parameter is applied in the GUI (and also how to solve my problem), I would appreciate :)
          • 2. Solution
            Hello

Finally I got the solution, it is, according to my settings :

PO_LINES.ATTRIBUTE1.VALUE = TO_CHAR((TO_DATE(:PO_LINES.PROMISED_DATE, 'DD/MM/RRRR HH24:MI:SS') + :GLOBAL.XX_LOAD), 'RRRR/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS')
            And the display in the DFF is : "23/09/2011 00:00:00"
            Yes the "Validate" button in the Forms Perso screen is yet showing a weird result, "2011/09/23 00:00:00" ...

I must admit i didn't not understand all the way it works, if someone has an explanation I would be glad to hear it

Take care all