1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2011 9:57 PM by S.PDASH

To Default Charge Account on Purchase requisitions in iProcurement

Amit J
      Hello Friends,

As per my understanding, the standard feature to default charge account on to PR is based on below logic :

- Charge account specified in the Employee setup form (Human Resources / People / Enter and Maintain / Assignment / Purchase Order Information) for the Requestor

-affected by Expense Account Rules setup in Purchasing Expense Account Rules. Expense account rules can replace one of more of the defaulted charge account segments with a new segment value(s) specified in the expense account rule(s).

As per the project requirement , one segment value should be defaulted from Expense Account rules setup. But in case , if it is not setup , the system should give an error rather than defaulting from the Employee Expense account.

Please suggest some solution. Thanks !!!

I am using iProcurement module 11i.
      Regards,
      Amit
        • 1. Re: To Default Charge Account on Purchase requisitions in iProcurement
          S.PDASH
          Hi Amit,
          We believe Account generator can be configured for your Oracle project specifc a/c generation. Give a try to configure it through a/c generator.

It is a standard functionality of Oracle to generate Charge a/c (for an expense item) the steps you have already mentioned. i.e.

- Charge a/c will be picked from employee HR record (default expense a/c )
          - Finally the a/c can be alter through the expense a/c rules setup based on Item category (of the requisition).

We believe Account generator is the only answer for your project specific requirement.

Kind Regards,
          S.P DASH