This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2011 3:18 AM by Mark Striekwold RSS

Unable to migrate Headstart PLL to 11g

880974 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am migrating 10g forms to 11g forms, I am using Forms migration assistant to migrate my forms.
While migrating QMS*.PLL files it errored out. Please find below the error message for your reference.
Can some help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Log written into File - D:\10gFromMigration
processing ....
Log - D:\SIS\Forms\MAIN\QMSLIB45.pll touched : Fri Aug 19 09:21:16 BST 2011
Physical file name: D:\SIS\Forms\MAIN\QMSLIB45.pll
QMS$SET_CONTEXT: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WILDCARD_USE_OK: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_WINDOW_ACTIVATED: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_TIMER_EXPIRED: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_STARTFORM_ACTIVATED: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_NEW_RECORD_INSTANCE: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_NEW_ITEM_INSTANCE: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$GET_FIRST_ITEM: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$HIGHLIGHT_QUERY_ITEMS: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$ENFORCE_STYLE_GUIDE: The constant FIXED_LENGTH is obsolete and the module will not compile.
QMS$ENFORCE_STYLE_GUIDE: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$WHEN_NEW_BLOCK_INSTANCE: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$TRANSLATE_CGENF45_MESSAGES: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$TOOLBAR_ACTIONS: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$STND_EVENT: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$SHOW_MESSAGE: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

QMS$SHOW_CALENDAR: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

Forms Compiler failed to convert the pll file from the migrated pld file
Log - D:\SIS\Forms\MAIN\QMSLIB45.pll released : Fri Aug 19 09:21:18 BST 2011
  • 1. Re: Unable to migrate Headstart PLL to 11g
    Mark Striekwold Journeyer
    You make use of very old headstart libraries. Headstart is mainly used in combination with Oracle Designer. When upgrading to a new designer repository you also upgrade your Headstart version. The new Headstart version has a qmslib65.pll.

You are now migrating from an older version of Forms and you now see some features which are removed from Forms. There is a document http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/featuresobsolescence-134480.pdf which describes which features are removed.

You say you are on version 10g but in the document 'Oracle9i Forms: Features Obsolescence' the call builtin should already be removed, so was the library qmslib45.pll also used in 10g?

Check your forms if you are still using qmslib45.pll.
    - upgrade your qmslib45.pll update call to call_form
    or
    - upgrade your headstart version to a newer headstart version (qmslib65.pll)
  • 2. Re: Unable to migrate Headstart PLL to 11g
    880974 Newbie
    Hi Mark,

My forms are 9i Froms but running on 10g Oracle Application Server Forms and Reporting.
    With respect to qmslib45.pll upgrade, can you please let me know how to update call to call_form.
    If I just attach qmslib65.pll in place of qmslib45.pll and if the forms will work just fine, then I am ok to go with this solution.

I dont know much details about Headstart, can you please let me know where can I get the qmslib65.pll.

Thanks in advance,
  • 3. Re: Unable to migrate Headstart PLL to 11g
    Mark Striekwold Journeyer
    Headstart is a product of Oracle Consulting. If you want a newer version you have a supplement option of Oracle Headstart or a new Headstart license. If you have one of those licenses you can download the product from a portal.

Don't know the syntax to update to call_form. Call is an undocumented feature which is removed from Oracle Forms 9i. You could have a look in the Forms help and search for call_form. Since call was an undocumented feature of call_form, maybe changing call to call_form will do the trick.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points