2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2011 7:29 PM by 888310 RSS

PT 8.51 Upgrade - How to find duplicate keys for Portal Registry Structure?

user3242117
      I am upgrading peopletools for two applications (CRM 9.00 and FDM 9.00) from the 8.48.10 to 8.51.11 versions.

For CRM, Task 4-15-9 Completing the Peopletools Conversion ran app engine PTUPGCONVERT ran smoothly.

For FDM, I have the following error messages:

The Navigation Pagelet does not exist. Portal = EMPLOYEE. Object = PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU. Collection = PT_PTPP_PORTAL_ROOT (219,2083)
      Message Set Number: 219
      Message Number: 2083
      Message Reason: The Navigation Pagelet does not exist. Portal = EMPLOYEE. Object = PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU. Collection = PT_PTPP_PORTAL_ROOT (219,2083)

Duplicate key. Portal: EMPLOYEE, Obj Name: PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU, Nodename: LOCAL_NODE, URL: s/WEBLIB_PTPP_SC.HOMEPAGE.FieldFormula.IScript_SCP (133,4)

PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU already exists. (96,3)

Copy of the Main Menu Pagelet From PS_SITETEMPLATE to Portal: EMPLOYEE failed. (219,2111)
      Message Set Number: 219
      Message Number: 2111
      Message Reason: Copy of the Main Menu Pagelet From PS_SITETEMPLATE to Portal: EMPLOYEE failed. (219,2111)

I checked table PSPRSMDEFN which does not have an entry for PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU, under the Employee Portal. I tried to migrate the missing Portal Registry object using App Designer but again receive the "duplicate key" error.

So it seems that I have to find the duplicate key and resolve it before I can migrate the missing object.

Anyone know a quick way to figure out what the duplicate keys are?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: PT 8.51 Upgrade - How to find duplicate keys for Portal Registry Structure?
          user3242117
          I tried several things to find the duplicates with no success.

A couple of workarounds were attempted that resulted in the same "duplicate key" error, including:
          a) Re-copying file project PPLTLS84CUR
          b) Copy object 'PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU" from Demo

After opening an SR, the successful workaround was to use Data Mover to export from Demo the "EMPLOYEE" portal entries for "PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU" from tables PSPRSMDEFN, PSPRSMSYSATTR and PSPRSMSYSATTRVL. The import to the target upgrade environment was successful. A re-run of PTUPGCONVERT finished successfully.

The upgrade is progressing but where the duplicate keys are is still a mystery.

Cheers
          • 2. Re: PT 8.51 Upgrade - How to find duplicate keys for Portal Registry Structure?
            looks like your target database tabel had some invalid references to the mentioned portal obect.

there are a binch of tables where this info can be present

PSPRSMDEFN
            PSPRSMDEFNLANG
            PSPRSMATTR
            PSPRSMATTRLANG
            PSPRSMATTRVAL
            PSPRSMATTRVALNG
            PSPRSMPERM
            PSPRSMSYSATTR
            PSPRSMSYSATTRVL
            PSPRSMHPASGPGLT
            PSPRSMSYNC
            PSPRDMDEFN
            PSPRDMDEFNLANG
            PSPRDMCNTPRV
            PSPRUHPERSPGLT

The best possible way I can think of is to copy the PT_SC_PGT_MAIN_MENU to the target db from any db of same tools with copy option set as delete.
            This should remove any duplicates or invalid refenences..

Regards
            Nevin