4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 12:54 AM by SHAN2009 RSS

Client Upgrade issue in Oracle Lite Database 10g 10.3.0.3.0

SHAN2009
      Hi all,

Details: My Environment is Oracle Database 11g R1(11.1.0.6.0) With Oracle Lite Database 10g R3(10.3.0.3.0) on Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2.

Recently i have upgrade my oracle lite database from 10.3.0.2.0 to 10.3.0.3.0 and also applied recent opatch (p12812978_103030_Generic.zip). Upgrade and installation of opatch got successfully completed. When i tried the client synchornization for the very first time (FCS and Data Download) FCS and Data Download got Successfully completed but the problem is usually Once the FCS and Data Download Got Completed , Screen goto webtogo home page but in my case i am getting a screen name called "client upgrade" with options yes or no if choose yes it prompting please wait screen nearly for 1 hours i am not getting any response from the screen. if choose no simply it goto my webtogo home page. Please Note before choosing the yes option i have checked what version i am currently having it show 10.3.0.3 i don't know why it asking for the client upgrade. Please Advice me on this how to avoid this screen (Client Upgrade).

Thanks

Shan
        • 1. Re: Client Upgrade issue in Oracle Lite Database 10g 10.3.0.3.0
          vasileios
          when you install a new patch or you upgrade from one versiont o another in most cases the client software (the oracle lite client) neeeds to be upgraded. this is very common in our case for example where we use oracle lite on windows mobile devices and once you apply a patch, handhelds will be prompted to upgrade their oracle lite client after the synchronization. the new client is automatically downloaded and installed.

i didnt understand what client you are using (and if you are using one). e.g. win32, wince, web etc?
          • 2. Re: Client Upgrade issue in Oracle Lite Database 10g 10.3.0.3.0
            SHAN2009
            Hi vasileios,

My Mobile Client is "Oracle Lite Branch Office" and as per the readme text file in opatch directory we have to run a file name called "update.exe" even after running this file i am stilll getting the Client upgrade page while doing the synchronization. What should i do now please advice me.

Thanks
            Shan
            • 3. Re: Client Upgrade issue in Oracle Lite Database 10g 10.3.0.3.0
              vino - oracle
              Have you followed the steps mentioned in - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12095_01/doc.10303/e12094/toc.htm#BABCGIDC
              • 4. Re: Client Upgrade issue in Oracle Lite Database 10g 10.3.0.3.0
                SHAN2009
                Hi,

i am not upgrading the existing environment of Oracle Lite Client i am creating a new environment which doesn't have the Oracle Lite Client. In the document itself they have mentioned like this "These steps assume that you have a 10g Release 1 or 2 Branch Office environment already configured and synchronized. If you do not have this environment currently configured, you do not need to upgrade." To be Clear What i am doing is with help Oracle Lite Branch Office i will be downloading a user from Mobile Server for that i have to do the following
                1.FCS(Fresh Client Setup for that i have to run the setup.exe which is coming for Oracle Lite Branch Office) and
                2.Data download (Data will be get download from Mobile Server in the form of odb),
                3. Usually Once the FCS and Data Download got completed, the screen will goto the webtogo home there i can see my branch offlice applications.
                4. But in my case i am getting prompted by screen and the screen name called "Client Upgrade" with options yes or no if i choose yes screen got hanged else if i choose no then only screen moving the webtogo home page. Say can u r having existing environment in your machine due to some reasons u have upgrade or u have installed optach on the mobile server in that case while doing the client synchronication we can do the client upgrade by running the update.exe becasue client side will having the old binary file we need to renew it.
                5. But I am not upgrading the existing environment. I am creating a new environment which means i am doing a fresh client setup and synchronization for the very first time. While doing the FCS on my client side for the very first time i will be getting the latest binaries rite then why the screen is moving to client upgarde page i don't have any idea on this.

Please Advice.

Thanks

Shan