This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2011 4:59 PM by EJP RSS

Auto suggest feature in OAF

810210 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Friends

I have an urgent requirement to implement Autosuggest feature in an OAF page. How can I achive it , I an using OAF pages and i have enough knowledge in creation of pages EO VO etc. But to start with a Autosuggest i have tried may ways like calling a Java script etc but im no way near my goal ....

Dear Anil and Gyan

I could use your help here . Any other users who have created such a thiing please help.

Thanks & Regards
Antony JAyaraj J
  • 1. Re: Auto suggest feature in OAF
    802316 Pro
    Firstly, I would post just once not multiple times as that bound to annoy people.

Secondly, I would ask the right forum. Java != Javascript They have very little in common. Ask your question on a Javascript forum.

Thirdly, I would remember that when you want to find something its usually MUCH faster and easier to search for it on the web.

http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+autocomplete 3 million results!
  • 2. Re: Auto suggest feature in OAF
    810210 Newbie
    Dear Peter

I appreciate your reply. But please understand that i have done those kind of thing before posting here. Every one starts with Google only , but in OAF i have a requirement to implement a Auto suggest feature which uses the Database VO to search from and fetch results its not like using a JAva script that searches values from a list or an xml.

I can get the complete code in many site but all are using some XMLor plain List of data , none are connecting to a DB and searching .....

If you know how to implement please guide.

Regards
  • 3. Re: Auto suggest feature in OAF
    EJP Guru
    in OAF
    What's OAF?
    I have a requirement to implement a Auto suggest feature which uses the Database VO
    What's the Database VO?
    to search from and fetch results
    That part I understand.
    its not like using a JAva script that searches values from a list or an xml.
    So what is it like?

And what exactly does this question have to do with Java Training/Learning/Certification?
  • 4. Re: Auto suggest feature in OAF
    875329 Newbie
    EJP wrote:
    in OAF
    What's OAF?
    He mentions it in another post: Oracle Application Frameworks. That doesn't help me much, though.
  • 5. Re: Auto suggest feature in OAF
    EJP Guru
    In other words it has nothing to do with this forum. Locking.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points