0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 3:40 PM by 885196

WebLogic Cluster 2 Managed Servers

Hi all,

Description: 2 virtual machines configured in cluster:

ManagedServer1: 172.31.10.76 on port 7780 (here is also AdminServer on port 7001)
      ManagedServer2: 172.31.10.77 on port 7780

Everything seems to be working. I was able to deploy a war file which could tell me the ip address of the server. Everything seems to be all right. However I have some questions:

On a third machine I have Oracle 11g and I want to deploy application through the AdminServer to both of my ManagedServers but to use the db of the third server 172.31.10.78. Well I managed to do this however I can not log in through the login page of my web application. I get the following error:

<Aug 30, 2011 11:13:13 AM PDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020> <[ServletContext@1072316483[app:manager module:manager.war path:/manager spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception
      org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28013] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.0.2.v20100323-r6872): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
      Exception Description: Attempted to deploy PersistenceUnit [ApplicationEntityManager] while being in the wrong state [DeployFailed]. Close all factories for this PersistenceUnit.
      at org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doBegin(JpaTransactionManager.java:375)
      at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:374)
      at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:263)
      at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:101)
      at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
      Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Caused By: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28013] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.0.2.v20100323-r6872): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
      Exception Description: Attempted to deploy PersistenceUnit [ApplicationEntityManager] while being in the wrong state [DeployFailed]. Close all factories for this PersistenceUnit.
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:307)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:151)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:207)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:195)
      at org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.createEntityManagerForTransaction(JpaTransactionManager.java:392)

Caused By: Exception [EclipseLink-28013] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.0.2.v20100323-r6872): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
      at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException.cannotDeployWithoutPredeploy(EntityManagerSetupException.java:170)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:307)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:151)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:207)
      at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:195)

I have also setup a DataSources with the appropriet settings - from tests I see I am able to connect to the db however I can not log in so I think there is something with the db. I`m not sure if I have Cluster with 2 Managed Servers which option I need to use DataSources or MultiData Sources. I may be wrong I do not know I`m new to clusters and weblogic but I`m very happy that after 2 days I was able to do all this :).

Any help is much appreciated.
      Thank you.