1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 1:55 PM by Cherrish

OBIEE 11g (11.1.1.5.0) - Issue with starting Node Manager

Cherrish
      Hi,

Have anyone faced an issue with starting Node Manager in OBIEE 11g (11.1.1.5.0)? OS is 64 bit Linux, WebLogic is 10.3.5. I used the software-install method and followed by running config.sh. Everything completed successfully. I updated the catalog and rpd location in the FMW control screen.
      To get it activated I bounced services and when I try to start Node Manager it gives below error --

<Aug 30, 2011 2:02:42 PM CDT> <Info> <Security> <BEA-090906> <Changing the default Random Number Generator in RSA CryptoJ from ECDRBG to FIPS186PRNG. To disable this change, specify -Dweblogic.security.allowCryptoJDefaultPRNG=true>
      <Aug 30, 2011 2:02:42 PM> <SEVERE> <Fatal error in node manager server>
      java.io.IOException: Unsupported cypher suite: TLS_RSA_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40_MD5
      at weblogic.nodemanager.server.SSLListener.init(SSLListener.java:82)
      at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.start(NMServer.java:206)
      at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.main(NMServer.java:377)
      at weblogic.NodeManager.main(NodeManager.java:31)

Aug 30, 2011 2:02:42 PM weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer main
      SEVERE: Fatal error in node manager server
      java.io.IOException: Unsupported cypher suite: TLS_RSA_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40_MD5
      at weblogic.nodemanager.server.SSLListener.init(SSLListener.java:82)
      at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.start(NMServer.java:206)
      at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.main(NMServer.java:377)
      at weblogic.NodeManager.main(NodeManager.java:31)
      + set +x

I see the same issue reported in ML OBIEE 11g - Node manager fails to start upon upgrade [ID 1329442.1] and WebLogic Server: Node Manager Startup is Failing with java.io.IOException: Unsupported cypher suite [ID 1329260.1] I tried to modify commEnv.sh. But it didnt help me.

Please let me know if anyone have faced similar issue and what exactly did you do to resolve it.

Cherrish Vaidiyan

Edited by: Cherrish on Aug 30, 2011 3:14 PM
        • 1. Re: OBIEE 11g (11.1.1.5.0) - Issue with starting Node Manager
          Cherrish
          Hi,

There are Two types of Cipher suites --- Certicom Cipher Suite and SunJSSE Equivalent Cipher Suite. And with Weblogic 10.3.5, you are using Sun JSSE Cipher Suite, and by default Node Manager uses the Certicom Cipher Suite.

In the nodemanager.properties, Add CipherSuite=SSL_RSA_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40_MD5, save and restart Node Manager.

Reference Metalink Note: WebLogic Server 10.3.x: Getting "Unsupported Cipher" Exceptions When Starting Node Manager [ID 1307325.1]

Cherrish Vaidiyan