1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 11:39 AM by 735378 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
        Haasini
        Hi,

I am not able to see the window itself to enter the credentials. As post-installation process for accessing the design console, i created & copied this jar file. Then I tried running the xlClient.cmd script. A window just comes and disappears immediately.

When trying to execute from a command prompt (as an adminstrator), I could see the following error there:

"The system cannot find the path specified."

FYI..this is the script present in xlclient.cmd

@echo off
        setlocal

call classpath

SET DEBUG_OPTS=-classic -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5001 -DXL.RedirectSysOutErrToFile=TRUE -DXL.SysOutErrLogFile=.\logs\Client.System.Out.Err.log

REM Make sure to remove java.naming.provider.url and read it from the configuration
        REM once the JNDI Profiles are implemented.
        REM make sure you are using j2sdk1.4.2_05

"@loc\java\bin\java" %DEBUG_OPTS% ^
             -DXL.ExtendedErrorOptions=TRUE -DXL.HomeDir=@loc ^
             -Djava.security.policy=config\xl.policy ^
             -Dlog4j.configuration=config\log.properties ^
             -Dweblogic.security.SSL.trustedCAKeyStore=%TRUSTSTORE_LOCATION% ^
             -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.auth.login.config=config\@auth_config ^
             com.thortech.xl.client.base.tcAppWindow -server server

endlocal

---------------------

Please let me know if I am missing something here. Thanks again.
        • 16. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
          When the OIM was configured, did all the pre-requisites ran successfully or you had some errors???
          • 17. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
            My xlclient.cmd file on my machine i run to connect to 11g is as follows:

@echo off
            setlocal
            call classpath
            REM SET DEBUG_OPTS=-classic -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5001 -DXL.RedirectSysOutErrToFile=TRUE -DXL.SysOutErrLogFile=.\logs\Client.System.Out.Err.log
            REM Make sure to remove java.naming.provider.url and read it from the configuration
            REM once the JNDI Profiles are implemented.
            REM make sure you are using j2sdk1.4.2_05
            java %DEBUG_OPTS% ^
            -DXL.ExtendedErrorOptions=TRUE -DXL.HomeDir=C:\oracle\oim11g_domain1\designconsole ^
            -Djava.security.policy=config\xl.policy ^
            -Dlog4j.configuration=config\log.properties ^
            -Dweblogic.security.SSL.trustedCAKeyStore=%TRUSTSTORE_LOCATION% ^
            -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.auth.login.config=config\authwl.conf ^
            com.thortech.xl.client.base.tcAppWindow -server server
            endlocal
            • 18. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
              Haasini
              Hi,

Looks like your script helped me in identifying the changes required and modified the

HomeDir.... (in the line -DXL.ExtendedErrorOptions=TRUE -DXL.HomeDir= ^) and

config\authwl.conf....(in the line -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.auth.login.config=config\authwl.conf ^)

Now I am able to see the design console window and when entered the credentials, I am getting the following error:

Error Keyword: DAE.LOGON_DENIED
              Description: Invalid Login.
              Remedy: Contact your system administrator.
              Action: E
              Severity: H
              Help URL:
              Detail:
              javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: @jndi_url

Please help. Thanks again!!
              • 19. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
                What are the credentials u r using??
                • 20. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
                  Haasini
                  I am giving xelsysadm and pwd....with the same credentials I am able to login to OIM admin console...
                  • 21. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
                    BikashBagaria
                    Did you ever install Design Console or just copy pasted the folders? Anyways check the xlconfig.xml file inside the Config folder in designconsole and check the ApplicationURL and the java.naming.provider.url properties.
                    Additionally you will have to set the correct multicast address!

HTH,
                    BB
                    • 22. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
                      Hi

I have faced similar issue in OIM Design console opening. The solutions as follows

1) Go to the Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/domain_name/bin directory and run the following command.

source ./setDomainEnv.sh

If you run the above command it will set the environment variables automatically.

2) Go to the Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib and run the following command

java -jar wljarbuilder.jar

The above command will generate the wlfullclient.jar file.

3) move the wlfullclient.jar file to the Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_IDM1/designconsole/ext/ directory.

mv wlfullclient.jar /Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_IDM1/designconsole/ext/
                      4) Go to the /Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_IDM1/designconsole/ directory and run the following command.

./xlclient.sh

It will open the design console authentiction client and enter the credentials and opens the design console.

The above process will work surely. If the above process didn't work then you need to check the OIM ports are open or not. Some times OIM ports are blocked. You need to contact system admin and open the ports. If you the ports are not open for security reason, you may create tunneling and access your design console.

Creating Tunneling Example.

ssh -X -f username@remotehost-name -N -L <Remote Port>:localhost:<Local Port>

For example OIM running under 14000 and your example like this

ssh -X -f username@OIM-HostName -N -L 14000:localhost:14000

GO to the designconsole/config and edit the xlconfig.xml

*<ApplicationURL>http://localhost:14000/xlWebApp/loginWorkflowRenderer.do</ApplicationURL>*

*<Discovery>*
                      *<CoreServer>*
                      *<java.naming.provider.url>t3://localhost:14000/oim</java.naming.provider.url>*
                      *<java.naming.factory.initial>weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory</java.naming.factory.initial>*
                      *</CoreServer>*
                      *</Discovery>*

Please let me know if this didn't work. I look into further.
                      • 23. Re: OIM Design Console Login Error
                        Thanks a lot...I was facing the same issue and followed your steps. Now I am able to login to design console, but however when I provide the same credentials in admin console, a blank page is shown.
                        1 2 Previous Next