3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2011 12:50 PM by user130038 RSS

Export Dump Size

Oracle Version 10.2.0.4

My database total size(allocated) is 120 GB

Used is 79 GB

When I take export, can i assume database export dump file size would be around 70 GB ?
        • 1. Re: Export Dump Size
          user130038
          If you use data pump to export data, you can estimate the size of the dump file using following parameter:

ESTIMATE_ONLY=Y

Please refer to the following for more information:

Understanding the ESTIMATE and ESTIMATE_ONLY Parameters in Export DataPump ID 786165.1

and

http://mohamedazar.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/datapump-estimate-parameter/

Edited by: user130038 on Sep 2, 2011 5:49 AM
          • 2. Re: Export Dump Size
            Dean Gagne-Oracle
            If you use data pump to export data, you can estimate the size of the dump file using following parameter:

ESTIMATE_ONLY=Y
            This is not really true. All that is being estimated is the size of data, it does not include the size of the metadata.

I'm not sure if there is a good way to estimate how large the dumpfile from Data Pump will be.

Dean
            • 3. Re: Export Dump Size
              user130038
              Dean Gagne wrote:

ESTIMATE_ONLY=Y
              This is not really true. All that is being estimated is the size of data, it does not include the size of the metadata.

I'm not sure if there is a good way to estimate how large the dumpfile from Data Pump will be.

Dean
              Agreed!

But the estimated size may at least gives some idea.