This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 6:18 AM by dutt49 RSS

Water Mark in Rtf template

Srikkanth.M Pro
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All

I was trying to get the text in my Pdf output using watermark, but i can able to achieve it.

This is the tag i am using now and it was provide in some example.

<xsl:variable name="flow_status_code" select="xdoxslt:ifelse(.//FLOW_STATUS_CODE=ENTERED,'ENTERED','CANCELLED')"/>

My requirement is when the Order Flow_status_code is Entered then in the back of the page Entered need to printed when it is cancelled then cancelled need to printed, But now its printing Entered in all the pages.

The variable what i declared is not updating correctly, Can any one please tell me how to change the text,any update need to write to change the variable.

Thanks & Regards
Srikkanth
  • 1. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    user97657 - oracle Guru
    Can you send me the files?
  • 2. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    Srikkanth.M Pro
    Hi,

Thanks for your good solutions and its worked now.thanks a lot.

Thanks & Regards
    srikkanth.M
  • 3. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    888125 Newbie
    hi

I am facing the same watermark Issue in my scenaruio.
    Can you please send me the details to my id jpm786@gmail.com or
    please post the solution how to get the watermark dynamically.........
    Thanks in advance

Regards
    Jayaprakash M
  • 4. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    bruster999 Newbie
    I too am having trouble with displaying watermarks in RTF templates. I can get the variable assignment working (it has to be inside a form field) but how do you display the watermark dynamically? Thanks.
  • 5. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    BIPuser Guru
    Have you looked at this blog post? http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/entry/watermarking_ii

Thanks,
    Bipuser
  • 6. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    889248 Newbie
    Hi BIPuser

I am having trouble getting the dynamic watermark to work correctly

The code i am using is:

<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, ‘test’,’sample’)?>

So i basically want to show the text "sample" as a watermark (I will add an if statement later on which I know how to do)

I then in the format -> background -> printed watermark menu, select the "text watermark" radio button

In the text field I enter <?$test?>

This does not work

I have also tried inserting the set variable code in a form field and this does not work. I have also tried <?test?> (instead of <?$test?>

I am running Word 2003

Can you provide any assistance? Thanks in advance - Simon
  • 7. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    BIPuser Guru
    When you use updateable variables (via use of set_variable function) you can not just use <?$test?>

You have to use the get_variable function to extract/output the variable value.

Use <?xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, ‘test’)?>

Thanks,
    Bipuser
  • 8. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    889248 Newbie
    Hi BIPUser

I have tried inserting the get_variable into the format -> background -> printed watermark menu but it still did not work

I have emailed my RTF template to you at the address user552238@gmail.com (if this is not correct, please advise. The email is from Simon Tropeano, Attachment = Watermark.rtf)

The watermark should simply be "tttt"

Could you advise please? Thank you
  • 9. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    889248 Newbie
    Ok here is my revised logic

Get environment value from xml
    <?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, ‘Environment', /R5643500/Properties/Environment)?>

Initialise Flag to 2
    <?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, ‘Flag’, ‘2’)?>

If environment contains PD900, then set a variable called Flag to true(1). No display happens here at all
    <?if:contains((xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'Environment')),'PD900')?> <?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, ‘Flag', ‘1’)?>
    <?end if?>

If the flag is not true, it means it doesn’t contain PD900 and is therefore a test environment. I place the below line into menu format -> background -> printed watermark - > text watermark -> text field. Then set font and size.
    <?if:not(xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'Flag')) = '1'?>SAMPLE<?end if?>

It seems that it prints the SAMPLE watermark when the above line is both true and false so it looks like it is not evaluating the if properly. Any ideas anyone?
  • 10. Re: Water Mark in Rtf template
    dutt49 Newbie
    Hi,

Can You Please send me the sample rtf file for creating watermark dynamically.

Thanks and regards,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points