This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2011 8:42 AM by gdarling - oracle RSS

Need Guidance Oracle Provider For ASP.NET

Eidy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

As I am new to development in ASP.NET, And I am williing to use Oracle Database as backend for my web application.

Could you please let us know the Why is Oracle Providers for ASP.NET required...?

and what are the steps to configure to install or configure it.

Please guide. . !

Thanks and Best Regards
Rana Adnan
  • 1. Re: Need Guidance Oracle Provider For ASP.NET
    gdarling - oracle Expert
    Oracle Providers for ASP.NET are not required to access a database from ASP.NET. The Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) is what you'd use.

The Oracle Providers for ASP.NET are for folks who use the database to store Membership, Roles, Personalization, Session State, etc, and want to use Oracle database for that as well.

Hope that helps,
    Greg
  • 2. Re: Need Guidance Oracle Provider For ASP.NET
    gdarling - oracle Expert
    Oracle Providers for ASP.NET are not required to access a database from ASP.NET. The Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) is what you'd use.

The Oracle Providers for ASP.NET are for folks who use the database to store Membership, Roles, Personalization, Session State, etc, and want to use Oracle database for that as well.

Hope that helps,
    Greg
  • 3. Re: Need Guidance Oracle Provider For ASP.NET
    gdarling - oracle Expert

Hope that helps,
    Greg

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points