3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 1:44 PM by 565bd399-24f6-406d-bce3-2b800f600ad4 RSS

Print Error in Primavera P6 R8.1

I am using latest release of Oracle primavera project professional P6 R8.1, seems printing does not work properly in this release, so anyone has any idea how this problem can be fixed.

I receive this error when i select any PDF printer:
      There was a problem communication to the printer. Please make sure you have printer installed and you have default printer selected.

if PDF is default printer i receive this error:
      Printer selected is not valid.

I like the speed and new options introduced in this release but this problem overshadowed the efforts, because if i cannot print then whats the use of these all options.

Please feedback if anyone has any information or facing the same problem and fixed it somehow.

Thanks.

Regards,
      Kamil Khan
        • 1. Re: Print Error in Primavera P6 R8.1
          Sachin Gupta
          If you have metalink access, look for the bug 12934832

Bug 12934832: PRINTER SELECTED IS NOT VALID WHEN PRINTING FROM P8.1 PROFESSIONAL

There appears to be a patch for it. You need to contact Oracle support for this.

Sachin
          • 2. Print Error in Primavera P6 R8.1
            Try this solution, it will work out.

Printer not found or Invalid Printer

Solution for Cause:
            The Oracle_Home environment variable needs to be added. To add it, do the following:

1.Right click the “My Computer” icon.
            2.Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
            3.Click the “Advanced system settings” link and it will display the “System Properties” window.
            4.Click on the environment variables button in the “Advanced” tab of the "System Properties” window.
            5.Click on the “New” button under system variables. It will launch a new System variables window:
            Enter Variable Name as ORACLE_HOME.
            Variable Value as C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server.
            Click on Ok.
            6. Now launch the PM.exe and check the issue reported.

Regards
            Anitha Santhosh

Edited by: 920723 on Mar 14, 2012 12:45 AM
            • 3. Re: Print Error in Primavera P6 R8.1
              565bd399-24f6-406d-bce3-2b800f600ad4

Meus caros, estou com o mesmo problema "Printer selected is not valid" alguém resolveu o problema, gostaria favor enviar.