This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2011 9:56 PM by 746522 RSS

Multiple cost types in Cost Calendar

550467 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all,

I belive multiple cost types are supported and could be setup for a single OPM Calendar in R12.
Having done this, I am trying to enter the raw material cost in "Item Cost" window but in Cost Type LOV I donot find one of the cost type that I have setup for this calendar. LOV shows only one cost type.
I am not able to find the reason or how to make it to work.
Any one having an idea, pl let me know.

Thanks
Rag
  • 1. Re: Multiple cost types in Cost Calendar
    746522 Newbie
    Hi Rag,

One clarification here, The LOV would show up the standard cost types only, as you can define item cost for raw materials in std costing only. In actual costing all items costs come up thru roll-up.
    If assignment to cost calendar is standard cost type, then open the period for the Cost Calendar + Cost Type + LE combination. This should resolve the issue and get the value in LOV

Regards
    SeenuYarasi
  • 2. Re: Multiple cost types in Cost Calendar
    746522 Newbie
    Hi Rag,

Hope you are trying to enter item cost for a standard cost type, after association of a cost type to a calendar, the cost period has to be opened, ie the perios status needs to be changed from 'Never Opened' to 'Open'. This will bring the cost type in the LOV of item cost definition.

Please try this this and let me know the result.

Regards
    SeenuYarasi
  • 3. Re: Multiple cost types in Cost Calendar
    746522 Newbie
    Hi Rag,

Hope you are trying to enter item cost for a standard cost type, after association of a cost type to a calendar, the cost period has to be opened, ie the period status needs to be changed from 'Never Opened' to 'Open'. This will bring the cost type in the LOV of item cost definition.

Please try this and let me know the result.

Regards
    SeenuYarasi

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points