2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2011 4:27 AM by 887607 RSS

JComboBox in Javafx 1.3.1 webstart Application

I have a big trouble with a Javafx 1.3.1 Application running in our Enterprise. The Application is javafx 1.3.1 witten and there are inside of the application pure java Components integretet with with a SwingComponent. Now the Problem is when i add JComboBoxes into the Container also without filled with information it always produces a high Processor time usage. When i let the hole Application run without the Comboboxes showing the Processor time are only 1% wiht the ComboBoxes it increases up to 50%.
        • 1. Re: JComboBox in Javafx 1.3.1 webstart Application
          Narayan
          hi markusg80,
          The javafx 1.3.1 has many bugs related to the controls. It seems you are integrating swing component which is not bad. As javafx 1.3 itself is memory and processor eating so you need to optimize your code to run it faster. I would recommend you to use the javafx controls instead of Swing because javafx need to call the swing engine inside javafx which is probably big processing one. JComboBox consist many JLabels, so may be it's reason to take more processing. Or it may depends on how you are managing the JComboBox Model.

Thanks,
          Narayan
          • 2. Re: JComboBox in Javafx 1.3.1 webstart Application
            Thank you for the fast answer! For this applikation i already porting to javafx 2.0 and there i have no problems. But javafx 2.0 is still beta and i cant install that on a production system. Now its just 2-3 months and i dont wont the spend a lot of time in the javafx 1.3 version of the applikation. now i hava to use another solution and hope that javafx release is close!