4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 6:09 PM by 796127 RSS

Integration between two tables, column in diffrenet 2 databases

Hiiii my dears , I hope all you doing great :)

Please I need help in this new kind of integration I need to do for my work and this is my fist time .... any hits can help me :)

I have to integrate between 2 tables into 2 different databases, the first database Db1 has the tabe name T1 and I need to syncronize every tranzaction happned in T1 to replicated in T2 and not vise versa .... plus not all the data in T1 only some selected columns to be replicated to T2 columns (T2 in Db 2 is alredly exisit in te database ) ....

example

Database 1 ; Table1 has columns ( c1, c2, c3, c4, c5)

Database 2: Table 2 has columns (c1, c2, c5)

so I need to replicate the values of c1, c2, c5 (only those columns) from T1 in database 1 to Table 2 (c1, c2, c5) and not form T2 to T1 and every change in T1 , T2 will be affected also ......

and also how to map the columns between column in case they are not same

I have no idea where to strart what is the process ... what are security i need to have on database level ... please help even if you just give a hint :) :) :)

Many thanks for alll
        • 1. Re: Integration between two tables, column in diffrenet 2 databases
          Paula B
          What product's replication capabilities are you asking about?

If you want to use the main Oracle database's replication capabilities, this is not the correct forum. You should try:

Replication

This is a forum for the Berkeley DB database's replication capabilities. We do support replication with our SQL interface, but not everything you mention in your example. Please confirm that this is the product you are asking about, and if so, I'll provide more details about what we can support.

Paula Bingham
          Oracle
          • 2. Re: Integration between two tables, column in diffrenet 2 databases
            First thank you for your fast response :) :)

to be honset with you i have no idea about the concept i shall read and if what i need is replica ... that is why I can't know where should i post my question :( and this is why i tried to explain every thing i need to do in the example so members can guide me where to look and read :)

Is this is replica thing i need to do ?? beacuse I need only to sync. between only two tables in the databases not ALL the data in the database ....

after few search i made .... i comwup with a though to create database link between the databases Db1 and Db2 ... after that create a user in Db1 with grant privilege view, select , connect on T1 ( i guess here this is for security ) ... and I stop here .... how I insert the data from T1 into T2 and make them updated and sync. and mapping the columns between these two diffrenet tables ..... ????

thanks again
            • 3. Re: Integration between two tables, column in diffrenet 2 databases
              Paula B
              >
              Is this is replica thing i need to do ?? beacuse I need only to sync. between only two tables in the databases not ALL the data in the database ....
              Berkeley DB replication can only replicate all data in our equivalent of a database. It doesn't sound like this is exactly what you want.

>
              after few search i made .... i comwup with a though to create database link between the databases Db1 and Db2 ... after that create a user in Db1 with grant privilege view, select , connect on T1 ( i guess here this is for security ) ... and I stop here .... how I insert the data from T1 into T2 and make them updated and sync. and mapping the columns between these two diffrenet tables ..... ????
              It sounds like you are reading about the main Oracle database product, and if so, you should post your question in the other forum I suggested. That replication facility might meet your needs.

Paula Bingham
              Oracle
              • 4. Re: Integration between two tables, column in diffrenet 2 databases
                many thanks for the tip ... i posted their