7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 12:08 PM by jsmith RSS

disable fullscreen message

Hello,

I tought the setFullscreen method would be able to suppress the message "press escape to exit fullscreen"?
      stage.setFullScreen(true);
      any idea if this will be the case soon?

tx,
        • 1. Re: disable fullscreen message
          MiPa
          This is probably not going to change because it is kind of a security feature.
          • 2. Re: disable fullscreen message
            i don't see how this is a security feature, ..

because the ability to change the fullscreen with a resolution change will be implemented post release 2.0
            i have the choice, or wait until it is implemented, or use the fullscreen option as it is now and "calculate/resize" all my images...
            but my application is multi lingual and i don't want the user to break out of the program like this..
            • 3. Re: disable fullscreen message
              Well, will this be made optional soon?
              • 4. Re: disable fullscreen message
                Your best bet for getting some information on this from the JFX dev team and also potentially getting them to work on it is by raising an issue in JIRA. The dev team may or may not read these posts here.

I would agree with Michael that this is a (small) security concern, but by signing a jar it should be able to get permission to run without this message (unsigned apps should probably be restricted to showing the message).

I would also agree that at a minimum the message needs to support internationalization in code.

You may want to include these comments in your JIRA issue if you find them relevant to you.

Cheers,
                zonski
                • 5. Re: disable fullscreen message
                  hi all

We found a crutch that allows to decrease time for suppressing the message "press escape to exit fullscreen"
                  We create rectangle in stackpane above all other elements. Then we redraw it with FadeTransition.

@Override
                      public void start(Stage primaryStage) throws IOException
                      {
                          primaryStage.setTitle("УРМ");
                          StackPane root = new StackPane();
                          Scene scene = new Scene(root);

primaryStage.setScene(scene);
                          primaryStage.setFullScreen(true);
                          primaryStage.show();

Parent pp = FXMLLoader.load(getClass().getResource("..."));
                         root.getChildren().add(pp);
                         Rectangle rectangle = new  Rectangle(900, 500);
                         rectangle.setOpacity(0.01);
                         root.getChildren().add(rectangle);
                         FadeTransition fadeTransition = new FadeTransition(Duration.millis(5000));
                         fadeTransition.setNode(rectangle);
                         fadeTransition.setToValue(0);
                         fadeTransition.play();
                         rectangle.setVisible(false);
                  Don't descrease duration of animation. Message disappear as fast as system allow.
                  • 6. Re: disable fullscreen message
                    JohnHendrikx
                    Just wanted to comment here that not all apps written in JavaFX are gonna be running from a browser. The one I'm working on is a normal desktop app, and having this message shown when my app goes fullscreen is silly -- same goes for being able to press escape.
                    • 7. Re: disable fullscreen message
                      jsmith
                      John, relevant Jira cases scheduled to be fixed in upcoming releases are =>
                      http://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-15314
                      http://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-18348