system("PAUSE");
    return 0;
}
==================================================

It fails throwing the following exception:
XmlException = Error: Bad address

What are the "createContainer()" and "openContainer()" methods expecting as their input parameter?

I've tried names like:
C:\blabla1\blabla2\myContainer.bdbxml
but it doesn't work either.

Can you help me?
Sincerely,
--
Léa
  • 1. Re: Container address
    655560 Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi, Léa

Please try to add escape character for Windows platform. Something like:
    C:\\blabla1\\blabla2\\myContainer.bdbxml
    Best regards,
    Rucong Zhao
    Oracle Berkeley DB XML
  • 2. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hi Rucong,

Thank you for your answer. I've tried what you suggested.
    The same "XmlException" is thrown with the "Error: Bad address" message.

Note: my application compiles and links well.

Maybe I should set a proper environment before trying to create a container.
    The problem is I couldn't find a simple working example...

Thank you for helping!
    Best regards,
    --
    Léa

P.S. As a start, I would like to:
    1) set a directory for one BDB XML database,
    2) create a container in that directory,
    3) put a XML document in that container,
    4) launch a (simple) query and get the results.
  • 3. Re: Container address
    Lucas Vogel Newbie
    Léa,

When you ran the createContainer() function, you get a created (and opened) XmlContainer reference passed back to you. The code you posted looks like you are creating it and then immediately trying to "re-open" it. That might be part of your problem too - if you really need two references to it, you might also want to try closing it after creating it, and then re-opening it twice.

Also, what platform are you working on?

Lucas

Edited by: Lucas Vogel on Sep 26, 2011 5:30 PM
  • 4. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hi Lucas,
    Thank you for your answer.

This is the call to "createContainer()" which throws the exception.
    (I am executing the program step by step with the debugger).

To be sure, I've also tried to re-execute the program after commenting the call to "openContainer()" and the exception is thrown anyway.
    Also, what platform are you working on?
    I am working with Visual Studio 2010 (Win32 Console Application)
    You can go to the thread below to see what I did to be able to compile and link the program:
    Embed BDB XML into VS2010 project

Thank you for helping.
    Best regards,
    --
    Léa
  • 5. Re: Container address
    655560 Journeyer
    Hi Léa

Please try to use "dbxml_example_simpleContainer" in DBXML solution file to run a test quickly.

For example, I changed the container name as below. Then the program will create the dbxml file in C:\test as expected.
    XmlContainer myContainer = manager.createContainer("C:\\test\\test.dbxml");
    Also please ensure that the directory (says C:\test) does EXIST on your disk already.

Best regards,
    Rucong Zhao
    Oracle Berkeley DB XML

Edited by: Rucong Zhao on Sep 27, 2011 10:52 AM
  • 6. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hi Rucong,

1) I've created the empty "C:\test\" directory.

2) The following code (obviously) works:
    #include <cstdlib>
    #include <stdlib.h>

#include <dbxml/DbXml.hpp>
    using namespace DbXml;

int main(void)
    {
    /*
         XmlManager manager;
    */
         printf("The end.\n");
    }
    3) If I uncomment the two lines containing "XmlManager" and "XmlContainer":
    #include <cstdlib>
    #include <stdlib.h>

using namespace DbXml;

int main(void)
    {
         XmlManager manager;
         printf("The end.\n");
    }
    It SOMETIMES "works" but it OFTEN fails.
    I'm not even sure it really "works" because no "test.dbxml" is created even when it "works" (the "C:\test\" directory remains empty).

4) Also, I could only see it once but I saw the following message:
    BDB XML: __fop_file_setup: Retry limit (100) exceeded
    5) I also tried exactly the same but with a try-catch statement:
    #include <cstdlib>
    #include <stdlib.h>

using namespace DbXml;

int main(void)
    {
         try
         {
              XmlManager manager;
              XmlContainer myContainer = manager.createContainer("A:\\test\\test.dbxml");
              printf("The end.\n");
         }
         catch(XmlException &xe)
         {
              printf("%s\n", xe.what());
         }
    }
    In this case, the result is ALWAYS:
    Error: Bad address
    Press any key to continue . . .
    6) Lucas asked yesterday about my platform... I can add that I'm running a Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit operating system...

7) I also had (only once) an "APPCRASH" ("WERReportMetadata") mentioning the dll "MSVCR100.dll" and apparently the "cmd.exe" which is being launched by Visual Studio 2010 is "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe".

Thank you for your help!
    All the best,
    --
    Léa

Edited by: Léa Massiot on Sep 27, 2011 11:39 PM
  • 7. Re: Container address
    Lucas Vogel Newbie
    Léa,

In my experience, it could have something to do with your build/link process in your project. I've run into weird errors like this with Visual Studio 2008 (to the point where I've been slow to adopt VS2010) where everything appears to build okay but simple function calls go haywire at runtime.

On a slightly different tangent (and shameless plug), if you're interested in working with the library on the .NET side, feel free to check out the Figaro library at http://bdbxml.net .

Regards,
    Lucas
  • 8. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hi Lucas,
    It doesn't look good...
    As for .NET (no offense to you) but I'd rather stick to (basic) C++ for now.
    Thank you for helping and best regards,
    --
    Léa
  • 9. Re: Container address
    655560 Journeyer
    Hi Léa,

Today I tested dbxml_example_Container on Windows 7 64bits and the program works fine.

So it looks like an environment issue. Please:
    1) Use "dependancy walker" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to check if the path of loaded libraries are correct.
    2) Ensure that there is no existing Container which has the same name (test.dbxml) in the target directory.

Best regards,
    Rucong Zhao
    Oracle Berkeley DB XML
  • 10. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hi Rucong,

Thank you for your answer and for testing.

1) So, I opened the ".exe" generated by VS2010 with "dependency walker".
    Here is the result:
    Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
    Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
    Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
    Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
    Apparently there are several issues:
         Missing module.     ####      IESHIMS.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-CONSOLE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-DATETIME-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-DEBUG-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-DELAYLOAD-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-ERRORHANDLING-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-FIBERS-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-FILE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-HANDLE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-HEAP-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-INTERLOCKED-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-IO-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-LIBRARYLOADER-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-LOCALIZATION-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-LOCALREGISTRY-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-MEMORY-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-MISC-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-NAMEDPIPE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSENVIRONMENT-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROFILE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-RTLSUPPORT-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYNCH-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYSINFO-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-THREADPOOL-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-CORE-UTIL-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SECURITY-BASE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-CORE-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-MANAGEMENT-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-MANAGEMENT-L2-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-WINSVC-L1-1-0.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\KERNELBASE.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSVCP100.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSVCR100.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSVCRT.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NSI.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NTDLL.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
         Module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WS2_32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ACLUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ACTIVEDS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ADSLDPC.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ADVPACK.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SECURITY-LSALOOKUP-L1-1-0.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\API-MS-WIN-SECURITY-SDDL-L1-1-0.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\APPHELP.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ATL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\AUTHZ.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\BCRYPT.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\BROWCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CABINET.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CERTCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CERTENROLL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CFGMGR32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CLBCATQ.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac\COMCTL32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.17514_none_a4d6a923711520a9\COMCTL32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\COMDLG32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CREDUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CRYPT32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CRYPTBASE.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CRYPTSP.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CRYPTUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\CSCAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DAVHLPR.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DBGHELP.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DEVMGR.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DEVOBJ.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DEVRTL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DFSCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DHCPCSVC.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DHCPCSVC6.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DNSAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DRVSTORE.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DSROLE.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DUI70.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DUSER.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\DWMAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\EAPPCFG.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\EFSADU.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\EFSUTIL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\FMS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\GDI32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.17514_none_2b24536c71ed437a\GDIPLUS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\GPAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\GPSVC.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\HLINK.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IEFRAME.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IERTUTIL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IEUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IMAGEHLP.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IMGUTIL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\INETCOMM.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\LINKINFO.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\LOGONCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\LPK.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MFC42U.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MLANG.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MMDEVAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MPR.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MPRAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MPRMSG.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSASN1.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSCTF.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSFEEDS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSHTML.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSILTCFG.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSIMG32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSLS31.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSOERT2.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSRATING.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\MSSIGN32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NCRYPT.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NDFAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NETAPI32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NETBIOS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NETJOIN.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NETPLWIZ.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NETUTILS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NEWDEV.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NLAAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NORMALIZ.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NTDSAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\NTSHRUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\OCCACHE.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\ODBC32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\OLE32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\OLEACC.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\OLEAUT32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\OLEDLG.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\PCWUM.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\POWRPROF.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\PRINTUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\PROFAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\PROPSYS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\PSAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\PUIAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\RASAPI32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\RASDLG.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\RASMAN.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\REGAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\RSTRTMGR.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\RTUTILS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SAMCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SAMLIB.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SCECLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SECUR32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SENSAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SETUPAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SHDOCVW.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SHELL32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SHLWAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SLC.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SPFILEQ.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SPINF.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SPPC.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SRVCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SSPICLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\SYSNTFY.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\TAPI32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\URLMON.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\USER32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\USERENV.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\USP10.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\UXTHEME.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\VAULTCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\VERSION.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\VPNIKEAPI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\W32TOPL.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WDI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WEBIO.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WEBSERVICES.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WER.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WERUI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINBRAND.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINDOWSCODECS.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINHTTP.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WININET.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINMM.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINNSI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINSCARD.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINSTA.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WINTRUST.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WKSCLI.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WLDAP32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\WTSAPI32.DLL
         Delay-load module warning.     ####      c:\windows\system32\XMLLITE.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\lea\iode_projects_special\vs_2010_projects\hello\release\HELLO.EXE
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\LIBDB48.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\LIBDBXML25.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\MSVCP71.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\MSVCR71.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\XERCES-C_3_0.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\XQILLA22.DLL
         Normal module with no errors.     ####      c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin\ZLIB1.DLL
    2) The "C:\test\" directory is definitely empty.

I've no idea what I should do now... can you help me?

Thank you and best regards,
    --
    Léa
  • 11. Re: Container address
    655560 Journeyer
    Hi Léa,

For the dependency walker log it seems that the application link to system's installed DBXML library (c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin).

It seems that the library is installed by DBXML MSI package. Since you are using VS2010, please ensure that the application does link to the library you built in the source file directory.

Best regards,
    Rucong Zhao
    Oracle Berkeley DB XML
  • 12. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hi Rucong,
    Thank you for your answer.
    For the dependency walker log it seems that the application link to system's installed DBXML library (c:\program files (x86)\oracle\berkeley db xml 2.5.16\bin).
    Is it the way it is supposed to be?
    It seems that the library is installed by DBXML MSI package.
    Yes, that's right, I used "dbxml-2.5.16.msi" to install BDB XML...
    Should I have proceeded differently?
    Since you are using VS2010, please ensure that the application does link to the library you built in the source file directory.
    Can you guide me more?

You wrote:
    Today I tested dbxml_example_Container on Windows 7 64bits and the program works fine.
    Can you tell me the steps you followed?

I described what I did in another thread:
    Embed BDB XML into VS2010 project

Can you have a look at it?
    Is it what you did?
    Is there something missing?

Thank you for helping.
    Best regards,
    --
    Léa
  • 13. Re: Container address
    885512 Newbie
    Hello Rucong,

Here is what I've tried:
    (I followed the paper: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17276_01/html/ref_xml/xml_win/notes.html).

1) Downloaded "dbxml-2.5.16.msi" (at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index.html)
    2) Launched "dbxml-2.5.16.msi"
    => BDB XML installation directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Berkeley DB XML 2.5.16

3) Downloaded "dbxml-2.5.16.zip" (at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index.html)
    4) Unzipped it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\dbxml-2.5.16"

5) Created a new VS2010 "Win32 Console Application" ("Empty project")
    6) Created "main.cpp" in "Source Files"
    #include <cstdlib>
    #include <stdlib.h>

using namespace DbXml;

int main(void)
    {
         try
         {
              XmlManager manager;
              XmlContainer myContainer = manager.createContainer("A:\\test\\test.dbxml");
              printf("OK\n");
         }
         catch(XmlException &xe)
         {
              printf("%s\n", xe.what());
         }

system("pause");
    }
    7) Went to "Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories"
    8) Added to "Executable Directories":
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\dbxml-2.5.16\bin
    9) Added to "Include directories":
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Berkeley DB XML 2.5.16\include
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\dbxml-2.5.16\dbxml\include
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\dbxml-2.5.16\db-4.8.26\build_windows
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\dbxml-2.5.16\xerces-c-src\src
    10) Added to "Library Directories":
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Berkeley DB XML 2.5.16\lib
    11) Went to "Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies"
    12) Added:
    libdb48.lib
    libdbxml25.lib
    xerces-c_3.lib
    xqilla22.lib
    13) I did all this for "Release" and for "Debug".
    14) In "Release": I chose "Build -> Rebuild vs2010_bdbxml_project"
    15) In "Debug": I chose "Build -> Rebuild vs2010_bdbxml_project"
    16) Went to: <where_my_vs2010_project_lives>\Debug\
    17) Launched "vs2010_bdbxml_project.exe"
    Result:
    OK

A:\test\test.dbxml is created and is 160 KB large.
    18) Went to: <where_my_vs2010_project_lives>\Release\
    19) Launched "vs2010_bdbxml_project.exe"
    Result:
    Error: Bad address
    Conclusion:

1) I had to pick things in two different sources:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Berkeley DB XML 2.5.16\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\dbxml-2.5.16\
    which doesn't look "normal".

2) It works in "Debug" mode, not in "Release" mode.

Rucong, could I send you my ".sln"?
    Could you send me a/your working VS2010 project?
    Do you have any idea what's going wrong?

Thank you.
    Best regards,
    --
    Léa

Edited by: Léa Massiot on Oct 2, 2011 11:41 PM
  • 14. Re: Container address
    655560 Journeyer
    Hi Léa,

It seems that there should not be two sources, since the msi libraries was built by VS2005/2008 and you are using VS2010.

So please try to uninstall the msi package (don't use it anymore) and remove the installed libraries. Just open the solution in source package (dbxml-2.5.16.zip) with VS2010, build dbxml project and the example (dbxml_example_simpleContainer), then test it again.

Best regards,
    Rucong Zhao
    Oracle Berkeley DB XML
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points