4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2011 3:31 AM by gimbal2 RSS

glassfish3 cluster queue browser

Hi there,

I have some web app running in a Gv3 cluster. I'd like to be able to query/browse messages for a given queue for each node in the cluster.

I've read about [message pre-sending|http://openmessaging.blogspot.com/2009/03/consumer-flow-control-and-message.html] and my understanding is that if I just use a QueueBrowser I can only see the messages for the node that handles the current request. This is quite confusing, because each reload might result in a different node and different messages.
      It also makes it hard to delete messages from a queue, because with load balancing there is a good chance to pick a different node each request and then the referenced message does not exist (on the node handling the new request).

Any ideas/pointers appreciated.
        • 1. Re: glassfish3 cluster queue browser
          gimbal2
          887499 wrote:
          Any ideas/pointers appreciated.
          Well I'd start with finding the right forum to post this question in. I know that your question at the core touches JMS, but "JMS" is just a specification with many implementations and providers, each their own way of operation, features and configuration. Your question should really be asked in a place where experienced Glassfish users mingle, because what you want to know is far from trivial.
          • 2. Re: glassfish3 cluster queue browser
            rukbat
            Cross-posted:
            http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/glassfish3-cluster-queue-browser
            (yet you thought it best to keep that fact a secret)
            • 3. Re: glassfish3 cluster queue browser
              Well, that was just following the (correct) suggestion of finding a more appropriate place to ask.

I wasn't aware that cross posting notes are also required for posts on completely different forums. My sincerer apologies should I have offended anyone
              • 4. Re: glassfish3 cluster queue browser
                gimbal2
                DerManoMann wrote:
                Well, that was just following the (correct) suggestion of finding a more appropriate place to ask.

I wasn't aware that cross posting notes are also required for posts on completely different forums. My sincerer apologies should I have offended anyone
                In your defense I do think that people take offense a little to easily on this topic; care should be taken to separate the real crossposters (who spam the same question on several forums at the same time) and people who just use the internet properly.

What you did was correct IMO, but the next time you may want to post a link to your new discussion here so people can follow it.