5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 9:05 AM by user10068379 RSS

Invoice Workbench Form giving error

Nihaapps
      Hi,
      I have done a customization on the Standard Invoice Work bench Form.
      Now When I am entering the lines detail for the non PO based header and closing the form it is giving me error like
      APP-SQLP-10186:Please Commit or clear your Changes before continuing.
      and same after doing the save also.
      Any help on this issue ....Its really Urjent.

Thanks to all in advance...

Thanks
      Nihar
        • 1. Re: Invoice Workbench Form giving error
          EBSDBA
          Hi,
          Please post the Application Release, Db version and OS details.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Invoice Workbench Form giving error
            Nihaapps
            Application is 12.0.3,
            DB is 11g
            and Os is Windows Xp.

An I have done the personalization not the customization.

Hope u have clear on the problem
            • 3. Re: Invoice Workbench Form giving error
              EBSDBA
              Hi,
              When you turn off the personalization, do you get the error.

If yes, there is a bug with this, please see
              R12: APXINWKB: When Reviewing Invoices From a Batch Get Error APP-SQLAP-10186 'Please commit or clear your changes before continuing' [ID 831813.1]
              R12: APXINWKB: Querying Invoices Using Folder Errors with FRM-41051 and ORA-06512 at APPS.GL_CURRENCY_API and FRM-40735 WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM [ID 757322.1]

The following is for R12.1.1, But you can cross check

APXINWKB form: clicking OK in an error message window, session freezes [ID 859303.1]

Thanks
              • 4. Re: Invoice Workbench Form giving error
                Nihaapps
                Hi,
                I have tried by unchecking the persanilazation it is working fine.

What may be the cause...any idea.

Thanks
                Nihar
                • 5. Re: Invoice Workbench Form giving error
                  user10068379

Bit late (2 years!) to be answering this but I just hit the same problem and found this thread. After some experimentation I have come to this conclusion:

Probable route cause is I guess (this really is a guess, I have not looked at the standard form to confirm) a FORMS POST, probably executed by the AP Invoice WB form each time you navigate out of a header record.

I am guessing this because it is the most obvious thing I can think of that would result in a WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD FP firing each time you navigate from one queried record to another. As you said, turning off the FP and closing+re-opening the form gets rid of the message.

I.e. FORMS POST causes WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD causes FP to fire causes RECORD STATUS change causes APP-SQLAP-10186

My way round this is to add a condition to the FP trigger event: ":SYSTEM.RECORD_STATUS <> 'QUERY'" this should stop the FP firing until the user makes a manual change to the record.

This works for me (at least in unit testing) so I thought I'd post it here even though it's 2 years to late because someone else may hit the same issue and find this thread.