This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 6:46 AM by stever RSS

Polling table with Database Adapter

852471 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have created a Database Adapter to poll the table for the new record or modified.
I have added a receive activity to that Adapter and deployed.
However the instance is not completing and its in always running state and waiting at receive activity.
Can you please help me out

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Polling table with Database Adapter
    852471 Newbie
    Please answer this request
  • 2. Re: Polling table with Database Adapter
    NarsingPumandla Pro
    After you create the DB Adapter, drop a BPEL inside the component lane and define the interface of the BPEL based on the WSDL of the DB Adapter, and inside the BPEL, make sure that create instance is checked for the receive activity...try this, it will work...
  • 3. Re: Polling table with Database Adapter
    abhi26 Newbie
    hello,
    i have to do database polling..this is wat i have done.but instance is not getting created in BPEL..

i have created a sequence in databse.
    i have created a source table in database which has three colums id,name,sequence.(generated by doin seq.nextval)
    i have created a table as seqhelper table which has two fields table_name and seqid.

now i hav dragged a db adapter.I hav chosen poll,update seq table..and given my seq table name,seqname filed as table_name,seqvalue field as seqid.and sequence fiels ad sequence column of source table ...and done polling frequency as 5 seconds.

now created a bpel process,chosen interface as based on wsdl and selected db adapters wsdl file and linked to bpel after removing the default exposed service of bpel..so bpel as one receive activity joined to db adapter...
    WHEN<
    i am inserting any new records to source table....instance is not getting created...please help..
  • 4. Re: Polling table with Database Adapter
    stever Newbie
    You need to be sure to check "Create Instance" on your Receive

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points