This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 8:57 AM by user521233 RSS

information on rules manager performance

user521233 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i'm very interested in this product... and yet, i find so little information on its performance from the oracle community.

the utter silence on this product from the usual oracle experts is also a little suspicious.

I’m sure that there are performance hits associated with gains in flexibility that the tool provides… but what are those performance costs?

additionally, there is a "rules manager utility" advertised here... but where does one acquire it?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/index-088908.html
  • 1. Re: information on rules manager performance
    AGM Newbie
    Hi,

I also was interested in this support for rules by the DB, but I was disappointed to read the news of its discontinuation and suggestion to purchase another product :

Obsolescence Notice: Rules Manager and Expression Filter Features of Oracle Database [ID 1244535.1]
    "The Rules Manager and Expression Filter features of Oracle Database is are being removed in the next major release of Oracle Database. Support will only be available for the life of Oracle Database Release11g Release 2.
    (...)
    Customers should not begin new projects with Rules Manager or Expression Filter. Any current user of Rules Manager should consider migrating to Oracle Business Rules, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware. "
  • 2. Re: information on rules manager performance
    user521233 Newbie
    wow, thanks for that...

what about developers who aren't using middle tier at all?

that sucks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points