This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 5:32 AM by 892450 RSS

Opening a specific topic upon opening UPK player

892450 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'd like to be able to link to certain topic files from another application.

Ideally, I'd like to map/link to the URL of a specific topic, and have the player open to that specific topic's web page and be ready to launch (rather than linking to the UPK player to the default, first topic and having the user locate the relevant topic.)

Because all of the topics are swimming around in a java land, it seems impossible to me. Cookie? I have no idea.

Anyway, the reason I don't want to publish a standalone topic for this purpose is because I have usage tracking enabled, and I don't want to be messing about with that can of worms.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jessica
  • 1. Re: Opening a specific topic upon opening UPK player
    892835 Newbie
    Your question is quite confusing...

Are you asking to change the link of the Tree in the left hand panel? Or provide a link on the Right pane?

If you create a new topic in UPK and just add a link to it, when you click on the link it takes you to that page.

Not sure what you are after...
  • 2. Re: Opening a specific topic upon opening UPK player
    892450 Newbie
    Ok, I pretty much have it solved now so I'm going to close the question.

Ideally, I wanted to be able to automatically open the UPK player to a specific course, rather than having a user use the tree to find a specific course. I wanted to do this by using certain URLs, if possible.
    Does that clear it up?

I couldn't find a way to do that. So what I did is: From an external application, I linked directly to the topics. Every topic has a URL assigned to it. You can find each topic playmode's URL by opening this page:

http://localhost/ODSTrack/Content/PlayerPackage/kp.html

Or something similar to that, depending on your file structure. Just look for kp.html

Anyways, thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points