4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 11:52 AM by Neeraj Sehgal RSS

Enabling SSL on MQ Adapter does not work

Neeraj Sehgal
      Hi All,

I have a MQ Adapter that enqueues the message properly in the MQ without SSL. Now MQ is SSL enabled and I have got a .DER certificate with me which I presume is the Public Key of the MQ Server.

Now I have to use SSL-enabled MQSeries Adapter. The User's Guide for Technology Adapters says to set certain SSL related properties. I don't know how to get the values of these properties. So I have tried doing this.

1.) I imported the Public Key certificate (.DER file) into default weblogic keystores DemoIdentity.jks and DemoTrust.jks. (I did not create my own keystores, didn't use key password)
      2.) I also imported it into the Java keystore cacerts file. (I did not send any certificates to Certification Authority)
      3.) I modified the JNDI and set the SSL related properties (as given in the guide) for JNDI in Weblogic.
      4.) Then I just test run my TestMQConnectivity composite and I get the following error.

Caused by: BINDING.JCA-00001
      at oracle.tip.adapter.mq.ManagedConnectionImpl.setupSSLSocketFactory(ManagedConnectionImpl.java:684)
      at oracle.tip.adapter.mq.ManagedConnectionImpl.createPhysicalConnection(ManagedConnectionImpl.java:578)

I don't know where I should be looking for the cause of the error : JNDI, SSL config, Keystores.

Please can anyone tell me the steps I need to follow to use the SSL enabled MQ Adapter? The documentation for this is not much explanatory.

Neeraj Sehgal