This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 2:49 AM by 893033 RSS

Does SJSAS PE8.2 have an issue about truncating incomming SOAP Request?

893033 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi~
I'm using SJSAS(Sun JAVA System Application Server)PE8.2.
I guess SJSAS(Sun JAVA System Application Server)PE8.2 has a bug that causes truncating incomming SOAP Reqeust in my web application.
I've been profiling My Application on SJSAS PE8.2 (build b06-fcs).
Truncated incomming soap request messages come to my web application occasionally so that SAXParser exception occurs. It doesn't occur always, but it does occasionally.
The SJSAS server starts to present exceptions about 35min~40min after Vusers start to send SOAP request.

Originally, I suspected that it would be a thread unsafety issue from My application code.
However, Since I checked out the body size and content-length header value of the incomming request which causes the exception,
I've been thinking that the cause is possibly in SJSAS PE8.2.

I put the server log below.

You can see truncated incomming request information in #2.

1. This is the proper incoming request information. You can see that the content-length value is the same as Body bytes.
* Body btyes is derived from the HttpServletRequest object's inputstream in doPost method.
================
Normal Header [ accept:text/xml, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8
soapaction:""
cache-control:no-cache
pragma:no-cache
user-agent:Java/1.6.0_24
host:175.158.25.44:8080
connection:keep-alive
content-length:*3920*

Normal Body bytes [ *3920*
================

2. This is the truncated incomming request information. You can see the difference between content-length value and Body bytes.
The content-length of the reqeust header is specified by a client side. If a container recieves the request which contains content-length value, Should'nt it recieve as many bytes as content-length value?
================
Excepton Header [ accept:text/xml, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8
soapaction:""
cache-control:no-cache
pragma:no-cache
user-agent:Java/1.6.0_24
host:175.158.25.44:8080
connection:keep-alive
content-length:*3922*

Excepton Body bytes [ *1460*
================

Has Any issue related about this probelm been ever reported so far?
If it has, Do anyone know what is the fixed version?
Or, Any idea you have about this one, please, let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points