5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 9:34 AM by Bruno Condemi RSS

    Problems with ProcessCustomer Webservice

    Nikosap
      Hello,

      I have the following problem running CustomerManager published business service:

      AxisFault
      faultCode: {http://exception.bssvfoundation.e1.oracle}BusinessServiceException
      faultSubcode:
      faultString: oracle.e1.bssvfoundation.exception.BusinessServiceException:
      CAUSE . . . . The data field being processed does not allow blanks or zeros
      to be entered.
      RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-blank or non-zero value.

      CAUSE . . . . The address number must be a numeric value other than zero (0).
      RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-zero numeric address number.

      CAUSE . . . . The address number must be a numeric value other than zero (0).
      RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-zero numeric address number.


      faultActor:
      faultNode:
      faultDetail:
           {http://exception.bssvfoundation.e1.oracle}BusinessServiceException:<message>
      CAUSE . . . . The data field being processed does not allow blanks or zeros
      to be entered.
      RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-blank or non-zero value.

      CAUSE . . . . The address number must be a numeric value other than zero (0).
      RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-zero numeric address number.

      CAUSE . . . . The address number must be a numeric value other than zero (0).
      RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-zero numeric address number.

      </message><requestID>10.250.2.104:6124911318249874207:14</requestID>

      The webservice is running in Add-Mode ('1') therefor I did not have any address number to provide. I expect a address number as part of the response.

      There is no error running the WSDL with SOAPUI and exactly the same parameter values.

      any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

      kind regards
      Klaus
        • 1. Re: Problems with ProcessCustomer Webservice
          Bruno Condemi
          Hi,
          you say there is no error running the WSDL with SOAPUI, so the error is probably in your client code, not JDE BSSV itself.

          Can be some null value in numeric fields, try ro put ZERO in AN8 from your client before call the web service.


          Regards.

          Bruno Condemi
          • 2. Re: Problems with ProcessCustomer Webservice
            Nikosap
            Hi Bruno,
            thank you for the quick response to my question.

            The crazy thing is that I even do not have to provide ZERO values for address number:

            oracle.e1.bssvfoundation.exception.BusinessServiceException:
            CAUSE . . . .  The data field being processed does not allow blanks or zeros
            to be entered.
            +RESOLUTION. .  Enter a non-blank or non-zero value.+

            CAUSE . . . .  The address number must be a numeric value other than zero (0).
            +RESOLUTION. .  Enter a non-zero numeric address number.+

            CAUSE . . . .  The address number must be a numeric value other than zero (0).
            +RESOLUTION. .  Enter a non-zero numeric address number.+

            But SOAPUI did not let me go if there are no values in the entityID which is the equivalent for AN8

            <carrier>
            <entityId>0</entityId>
            <entityLongId/>
            <entityTaxId/>
            </carrier>

            I´ve got the following error leaving entityId <blank>

            line 311: Invalid decimal value: expected at least one digit

            Inside my Webservice Client I tried to submit the request as well with ZERO values as without ZERO values without any affect to the error message. This is what I didn´t understand - especially because this is in ADD-Mode. I even have no address number to provide.

            regards
            Klaus

            Edited by: Nikosap on 10.10.2011 15:30
            • 3. Re: Problems with ProcessCustomer Webservice
              Bruno Condemi
              Look at the WSDL of the webservice, I think the address number (entity) element is not nillable.

              By the way, your issue is related to axis library, I think you will search trough axis or java community, it's not a JDE question.
              • 4. Re: Problems with ProcessCustomer Webservice
                Nikosap
                Hello,

                I solved the problem! I filled the following structure with ZERO (0):

                processCustomer_distribution_GLAccountKey_accountId

                This was a default value coming out of a property file. After deleting this property value the webservice works as expected ;-)

                Sorry for posting this issue into the wrong library but it seems to me the best choice.

                thank you for answering to my post

                regards
                Klaus
                • 5. Re: Problems with ProcessCustomer Webservice
                  Bruno Condemi
                  Very good.

                  See you next time :-) !!!