1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 9:35 PM by Udo

Stopping the Application Express Listener

SherrieK
      From the install documentation for the Oracle Application Express Listener:

"To stop the Oracle Application Express Listener server in standalone mode, at a command prompt press CTRL+C."

We are installing APEX and its Listener from the 'oracle' install account on Linux, and will not always be logged in.

I also don't have a web browser available from the Linux side, the instructions seems to be more for Windows.

I am referring to the install documentation that states

"Your default Web browser starts and nagivates to: http://<host>:<port>/apex/listenerConfigure"
        • 1. Re: Stopping the Application Express Listener
          Udo
          We are installing APEX and its Listener from the 'oracle' install account on Linux, and will not always be logged in.
          This shouldn't be a problem. You can use nohup or similar to run the APEX Listener in background once you've configured it. To do this, you'll have to start it in an interactive shell first. The process will react properly on a kill signal.
          Anyway, the Standalone Mode is not intended for production use, but for testing and development purposes. The recommended scenario would be the deployment on a (supported) JEE Server.
          I also don't have a web browser available from the Linux side, the instructions seems to be more for Windows.
          Not necessarily. There are Linux Desktops with browsers included as well. Given the hint about the intended usage of the Standalone Mode, it makes sense to assume that it is used on an end user machine with desktop. Though, I agree that the documentation might be a bit more precise at that point.
          Anyway, you don't really need the browser on the local machine. If your firewall policies allow it, you'll be able to call the APEX Listener configuration using the given URL pattern from any client that can reach it.

-Udo