4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 11:07 AM by 807736 RSS

undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'

hello all,
      on centos 5, with sunstudio 12.2, i got this error when linking:
      /opt/sun/SolarisStudio12.2-linux-x86-tar-ML/solstudio12.2/lib/amd64/libsunperf.so.3: undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'

If i try to compile with SunStudio 12.3 beta, the error becomes:
      exe: /opt/SUNWhpc/HPC8.2/sun/lib/64/libmtsk.so.1: version `SUNWprivate_1.5' not found (required by /opt/sun/solstudiodev/lib/amd64/libsunperf.so.3)

what's the trouble with sunperf?

Anbody can help?

thanks in advance,

gerard
        • 1. Re: undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'
          Steve.Clamage-Oracle
          The version of the system library libmtsk.so on your computer is out of date. Review the requirements for Solaris patches in the Release Notes for the version of Studio that you are using. You can find documentation, including release notes, from the Studio home page:
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/overview/index.html
          • 2. Re: undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'
            thanks for your reply.
            I don't know why you talk about Solaris patches, as i am on linux CentOS
            • 3. Re: undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'
              Steve.Clamage-Oracle
              user13080471 wrote:
              hello all,
              on centos 5, with sunstudio 12.2, i got this error when linking:
              /opt/sun/SolarisStudio12.2-linux-x86-tar-ML/solstudio12.2/lib/amd64/libsunperf.so.3: undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'

If i try to compile with SunStudio 12.3 beta, the error becomes:
              exe: /opt/SUNWhpc/HPC8.2/sun/lib/64/libmtsk.so.1: version `SUNWprivate_1.5' not found (required by /opt/sun/solstudiodev/lib/amd64/libsunperf.so.3)
              Sorry, I didn't notice you were on Linux. It should not be possible to get this error on Linux using a correct Studio installation.

The path /opt/SUNWhpc/HPC8.2/sun/lib/64/libmtsk.so.1 does not look like anything that is part of Studio. Although Studio includes a libmtsk.so.1, the library is not on such a path. I suspect this library came from some other product, and is either an unrelated library with the same name, or is an out-of-date version of the Studio libmtsk.

Probably the executable's runpath (the list of directories searched for shared libraries) includes this HPC8.2 path. If that path is necessary, you will probably have to resolve the problem manually. You might be able to remove the old libmtsk, or replace it with a newer one, or adjust the runpath by using a custom ld command. None of these are likely to be good solutions, but the problem seems to be due to conflicting versions of libmtsk when there should be only one on the system.
              • 4. Re: undefined reference to `__mt_static_for_loop@SUNWprivate_1.5'
                ok, i understand the problem.

/opt/SUNWhpc/HPC8.2/sun/lib/64/libmtsk.so.1 comes from Sun HPC (renamed Oracle Message Passing Toolkit). The error is related to the usage of Sun Studio release > 12.1.
                With Sun Studio 12.1, the error deosn't appear.

In fact, i simply did a nm in libsunperf.so.3, SUNWprivate_1.5 appears at 12.2 release. And as i cannot update the Message Passing Toolkit, i'm stuck with SunStudio 12.1

thanks again for your help,

gerard