6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2011 8:40 AM by Udo

Cannot Login to APEX

zenoni
      Dear all,

I success to configue our APEX and APEX Listener on Standalone Mode ( APEX and Apex Listerner is in the same maching)

Anyway, I need to separate APEX and APEX Listener to other machine.

I already follow the step to install APEX Listener on new machine, everything is fine , I can configue listener connection ( http://localhost:8081/apex/listenerConfigure ) .

The problem is when I access the apex page such as http://localhost:8081/apex , I cannot be able to login, after I click connect , it seem like no thing happen.
      I also tried to do not fills both namespace username/password and then click login, result is the same , nothing happen .

Any suggestion for this case?

Regards,
      zenoni
        • 1. Re: Cannot Login to APEX
          Udo
          Hello zenoni,
          I also tried to do not fills both namespace username/password and then click login, result is the same , nothing happen .
          Do you receive any error output on your console?
          Did you configure the static contents ("images direcotry") on the new machine correctly?

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Cannot Login to APEX
            zenoni
            Hello Udo,

For the static contents ("images direcotry") , I configure with this step.
            1. create and move images folder to the same path with the old machine.
            2. use old script for starting my apex listener to connect to old apex engine on old machine.

I do not receive any error output on my console, but I got the error about javaScript For example

Line: 1
            Char: 85
            Code: 0
            URI: http://newServer:8081/i/javascript/apex_4_0.js

Char: 47228
            URI: http://newServer::8081/i/javascript/apex_widget_4_0.js

Char: 27067
            URI: http://newServer::8081/i/javascript/apex_4_0.js

zenoni
            • 3. Re: Cannot Login to APEX
              Udo
              Sounds like you have an outdated version of jQuery in your images path. This indicates that either something went wrong during your copy, e.g. you copied the wrong images, or you connect to a different instance using a different (probably more recent) APEX version.
              Could it be you actually didn't use the APEX Listener but the Embedded PL/SQL Gateway served by the database internal web server (XDB HTTP Server), so you would have had the same problem on the old machine?
              You could try to download the installation package for the exact APEX version you have installed in your database instance and take the images directory out ouf that package to make sure everything fits perfectly.

-Udo
              • 4. Re: Cannot Login to APEX
                zenoni
                Hi Udo

I used the same version for both new and old machine because I copied from the apex_4.0.2.zip and apex_listener.1.1.2.131.15.23.zip from old machine.

And I do not have the same problem on the old machine.

zenoni
                • 5. Re: Cannot Login to APEX
                  zenoni
                  I have some questions.

In case that I want to separate the apex listener and apex, Should I install any j2ee application server to new machine ?
                  Now, I just unzip the apex listener on the new machine and move the image directory to the same pattern floder and then use the same start script in the old server.

java -Dapex.images=/apex/tmp/apex/images -Dapex.port=8081 -Dapex.erase -jar /apex/apex.war

zenoni
                  • 6. Re: Cannot Login to APEX
                    Udo
                    Hi zenoni,
                    I used the same version for both new and old machine because I copied from the apex_4.0.2.zip and apex_listener.1.1.2.131.15.23.zip from old machine.
                    That's odd. The error message really indicates that you have some problem with the images. Could it be the some files aren't readable for the user that runs the APEX Listener? Or could it be you copied a subdirectory too much?
                    In case that I want to separate the apex listener and apex, Should I install any j2ee application server to new machine ?
                    For production use of the APEX Listener, it is always recommended to use a JEE container. The Standalone Mode is aimed at development use...
                    java -Dapex.images=/apex/tmp/apex/images -Dapex.port=8081 -Dapex.erase -jar /apex/apex.war
                    If you always set apex.erase you have to reconfigure the APEX Listener every time. I assume you use it just for the first startup, right?
                    Either way, you should also set apex.home and let it point to a persistent directory. The default directory is located in the users TEMP, in your case probably +/tmp/apex+ , so it's likely you'll lose your confguration unexpectedly.

-Udo