7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 3:58 PM by 694628 RSS

Restricted Phone Number

user99976
      Normally People block their phone number from being displayed on the Caller Id. These calls come in as Restricted Callers or so. How does COD behave in those Cases?
        • 1. Re: Restricted Phone Number
          Most calls will come with caller id (also call the ANI). If a call comes through COD without the ANI, CRM On Demand will bring up the call detail page (every call is recorded as an activity in CRM). At that point you would have to create a contact or associate the call detail with an existing contact.
          • 2. Re: Restricted Phone Number
            user99976
            What will the COD Variable $ANI has ? (i.e when the Incoming caller has blocked his number)

Will it be blank or any text value?
            • 3. Re: Restricted Phone Number
              From my memory, it would be "unknown". I once did a test by having COD send me an email of all calls coming in. I used the $ANI variable in the email body to see the phone number. I do remember getting some "unknown", but I don't remember if I also got some that were blank. If you're looking to filter for this on the CRM side in the call detail, I would do some testing first on it.
              • 4. Re: Restricted Phone Number
                user99976
                $ANI is the driving force for the COD. I am trying to wonder, while defining the call flow, should we handle the UNKNONW condition or it will be automatically handled?

If $ANI = 'Unknown".. do something (like ask the user to key in the phone number again)
                If $Anil <> 'Unknown".. do the normal steps

Can we say $ANI is numeric or Non Numeric?

Edited by: user653205 on Oct 13, 2011 8:56 AM
                • 5. Re: Restricted Phone Number
                  The feature you want to look at is on the Project. You can ask the caller to validate the phone number if it's not received ($ANI is unknown). On the Project, on the Phone tab, use "Validate Phone Number" - you can choose "Only if not received"
                  • 6. Re: Restricted Phone Number
                    user99976
                    Thanks for your response. This is the help snippet on the Validate Phone Number Option. It was not clear though.

Does it mean to say

"checking Yes will ask the Caller to key in the Phone number, inspite of the ANI being a valida number?".

Only if received option means "If the $ANi is not a valid number, then it will ask the Caller to enter the phone number". If ANI is a valid number, it will not ask the Caller to key in the number ?

Help Snippet :*
                    Click Yes or Only if received, so that Oracle Contact Center Anywhere plays the file (defined for the entertelno prompt), which asks the caller to enter a telephone number. If the customer does not enter any digits or enters fewer than the expected number (as defined in the ANI Validation Size option of the contact center resource in Oracle Contact Center Anywhere Network Manager), then Oracle Contact Center Anywhere interprets the phone number as: Not Received. Oracle Contact Center Anywhere drops the call if it is unable to validate the phone number after three attempts by the customer to supply the number.

NOTE: For this feature to work correctly, you must select Enable Customer Priority Rating.

Edited by: user653205 on Oct 13, 2011 12:54 PM
                    • 7. Re: Restricted Phone Number
                      Asking the caller to validate the phone number is related to customer priority. You can give certain customers priority over others (read up in the help on how to do that.) If you have them validate their phone number this way, you have to enable customer priority, but if you don't list any of the callers so their phone numbers aren't matched, every caller would be defaulted to the lowest priority. So, that would work fine as long as you're ok with everyone being low priority; at least they would all have the same priority. The only time I would see that this could be a problem is if you have other interactions like voicemails or emails that weren't at the lowest priority, then your agent would get voicemails or emails before calls.

The best way to know how this will work is to test it out. You'll have to find a number that blocks caller id and call in from that number. See if it asks you to validate. Don't turn customer priority and see if it still works. While doing this, use the supervisor tool to see what the $ANI is.

If you're really worried about doing this because you want the screen to pop the contact EVERY TIME, I suggest you hold off until you go live and actually experience the screen pop. You will find that only a small percentage of calls will be unknown. To give you a rough idea, from one report today out of 671 calls 11 were unknown. To get the screen to pop, the real work comes in making sure your contacts have the phone numbers and the right phone numbers, depending on who your callers are (residential or business). You may have someone calling from an office and their caller id will be the number from their PBX not their direct desk line, so it could be anyone in that company.

In other words, your biggest problem isn't restricted phone numbers; it's having the right contact record set up with the right numbers and related contacts, if needed.