2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 9:53 AM by 87944 RSS

Cloud control 12c installation on Fedora 13

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade/migrate from Database Control to Cloud Control 12c on a Fedora 13 server (Out of date, I know - maybe this is the cause of the problem?). I uninstalled Database Control and was installing Cloud Control when I received the following error:
      INFO: gcc -o webcached -L/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/webcache/lib/ -L/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/ -L/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/stubs/  main.o libwebcache.a -Wl,-rpath,/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib -liau -lnnz11 -lxml11 -lclntsh  -lcore11 -lunls11 -lnls11  /data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/liboraz.a -ldmsapp -lons    `cat /data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/sysliblist` -lrt
      INFO:  -Wl,-rpath,/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib -lm    `cat /data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/sysliblist` -lrt -ldl -lm   -L/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib

INFO: /
      INFO: usr/bin/ld: libwebcache.a(wxsmdms.o): undefined reference to symbol 'yodSensorInvalidate'
      /usr/bin/ld: note: 'yodSensorInvalidate' is defined in DSO /data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/libdms2.so so try adding it to the linker command line
      /data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/lib/libdms2.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
      collect2: 
      INFO: ld returned 1 exit status

INFO: make: *** [webcached] Error 1

INFO: End output from spawned process.
      INFO: ----------------------------------
      INFO: Exception thrown from action: make
      Exception Name: MakefileException
      Exception String: Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/webcache/lib/ins_calypso.mk'. See '/oracle/11gr2/app/oraInventory/logs/cloneActions2011-10-17_03-48-14-PM.log' for details.
      Exception Severity: 1
      INFO: POPUP WARNING:Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/data/oracle/11gr2/app/oracle/middleware/Oracle_WT/webcache/lib/ins_calypso.mk'. See '/oracle/11gr2/app/oraInventory/logs/cloneActions2011-10-17_03-48-14-PM.log' for details.

Click "Retry" to try again.
      Click "Ignore" to ignore this error and go on.
      Click "Cancel" to stop this installation.
      The message provides a suggestion:
      try adding it to the linker command line
      But I'm not sure how to add that file to the linker command line. Anyone have any Ideas?

Thanks,

Dan Scott