1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 2:50 PM by Matt Carter-Oracle

Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console

Hello Everyone,

I am not able to login to /oamconsole and /console by our default user: weblogic and its password. It was working fine and now all of a sudden it says "An incorrect Username or Password was specified "

I am able to login to /em console with the same user credentials.

Has anyone encountered the same problem before?

Please advice.

Thanks,
      PS
        • 1. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
          Can you run the wlst.sh script and try connecting at the prompt:
          wls:offline>nmConnect('<Weblogicuser>','<password>','<hostname>'.'<nodemanager_portnumber>','<domain_name>',<domain_location>/<domain_name>')

Successfully connected to Nodemanager
          Then, try starting Admin Server:
          wls:offline>nmStart('AdminServer')

Then, try logging in as weblogic user into console.
          • 2. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
            Presto
            I got the same issue. How did you resolve it?
            • 3. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
              Presto
              Actually mine was using the orcladmin account - all of a sudden it just doesn't work.

Why?
              • 4. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                ColinPurdon-Oracle
                Hi Presto,

Could be that the orladmin's password has expired as a result of the default OID policy (I think that an ldapbind will tell you this). If this is the case, and the account is locked, please see Note 251354.1

Regards,
                Colin
                • 5. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                  Presto
                  I am able to successfully bind to both OID and OVD with cn=orcladmin. So this is strange.
                  • 6. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                    Matt Carter-Oracle
                    Are you being challenged by OAM Form or native Java EE forms? /console is managed by the Admin role in WebLogic, which by default is mapped to Group:Administrators. Assuming you still have the Default Authenticator only in the domain security realm, it would be users in the Administrators group in the internal WebLogic LDAP. The Domain agent may be adding an additional layer. Shut down the oam_server1 managed server for the time being (or disable the domain agent), then test /console with a user in the Administrators group (weblogic user is by default).

/oamconsole is managed differently. If you have switched from the default identity store to OVD or OID, then you were probably forced to assign one or more users/groups as administrators. (I'm assuming you're running version 11.1.1.5) This would be the user that you would authenticate to /oamconsole with. Again, test without domain agent to ensure there's no conflict there.
                    • 7. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                      Presto
                      I am able to access /console with the user weblogic That works fine.

The only issue is with /oamconsole, which up to a point worked with the user orcladmin.

At some point, for reasons I still can't figure out - it just stopped working
                      • 8. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                        Matt Carter-Oracle
                        Do you recall which users and/or groups you added as oamconsole administrators when you set the default system identity store? Did you only add orcladmin user to that table? Did use a group? If so, try adding another user to that group and authenticate to /oamconsole. Please confirm you are getting the Java EE form and not the OAM form (credential box should be centered). Please confirm you are running 11.1.1.5 as well please.
                        • 9. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                          Presto
                          I don't recall which users were added as oamconsole admins, sorry. I didn't do the initial install.

I am using 11.1.1.5 - the credential is on the right, not centered. However, up until this stopped working, I was able to use the orcladmin credentials with the "right aligned" login box.
                          • 10. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                            Matt Carter-Oracle
                            The credentials on the right indicate that it is the OAM domain agent challenging first. Shut down the oam_server1 managed server and try accessing oamconsole again. You should get the centered login which is the Java EE form. Try logging in with orcladmin there. Also try weblogic user is orcladmin fails.
                            • 11. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                              Hello Matt,

I tried switching back the IdentityStore to default in /oamconsole for user store settings, but I am not able to login to /oamconsole as the OAM's Administrators Role still points to a AD Admins group.

Thanks,
                              PS
                              • 12. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                                Presto
                                i stopped oam_server1, and tried both orcladmin and weblogic. Both failed.

<Nov 1, 2011 11:52:52 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                ate with any of configured Access Server, ensure that it is up and running.>
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:52:53 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:52:53 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-00411
                                <Failed to access server: MajorCode: null, MinorCode: null>
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:52:53 AM CDT> <Warning> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-004
                                10> <OAM Server can not be accessed, fallback to container policy: Failed to com
                                municate with any of configured Access Server, ensure that it is up and running.
                                >
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:02 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:03 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:03 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-00411
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:03 AM CDT> <Warning> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-004
                                10> <OAM Server can not be accessed, fallback to container policy: Failed to com
                                municate with any of configured Access Server, ensure that it is up and running.
                                >
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:03 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.user.identity.provider> <OAMSS
                                A-20023> <Authentication Failure for user : weblogic.>
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:03 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.user.identity.provider> <OAMSS
                                A-20023> <Authentication Failure for user : weblogic.>
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:04 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:05 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:06 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-00411
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:06 AM CDT> <Warning> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-004
                                >
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:07 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:08 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:08 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-00411
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:53:08 AM CDT> <Warning> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-004
                                >

<Nov 1, 2011 11:54:10 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.user.identity.provider> <OAMSS
                                A-20023> <Authentication Failure for user : orcladmin.>
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:54:10 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.user.identity.provider> <OAMSS
                                A-20023> <Authentication Failure for user : orcladmin.>
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:54:11 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:54:12 AM CDT> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <Failed to communic
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:54:12 AM CDT> <Error> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-00411
                                <Nov 1, 2011 11:54:12 AM CDT> <Warning> <oracle.oam.agent-default> <OAMAGENT-004
                                >
                                • 13. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                                  Matt Carter-Oracle
                                  Ok, so I had assumed you were using OVD or OID as your subject was "orcladmin". Are you saying that your primary identity store in oamconsole is Active Directory and that a group called "AD Admins" was added as an administrator? Who are the members of this AD Admins group?
                                  • 14. Re: Not able to login to /oamconsole and /console
                                    Hello Matt,

Primary Identity Store is OVD, but the group assigned to OAM's Administrator Role is a group my Active Directory and the members of that group are our administrators.

Thanks,
                                    PS
                                    1 2 Previous Next